General

Transgender resource recommendations

this year i have started dating a wonderful trans woman. i have learned more about the trans experience from her than i could have imagined. she is an incredible, strong, brilliant person and i fell really lucky to have connected with her.

most of my social media has been fat focused (ff, feabie, etc.). emily contacted me thru a fat dating app. i am looking for any recommendations for resources for people like me, who want to support their trans partners and the trans community.

emily has pointed me toward tgforums.com and susans.org and some discord stuff (but i don't use discord atm)... really hoping there is there is something out there that is fa/bhm/bbw friendly?

thanks!
3 years

If you have any questions that feel like it would be too much for your partner, you can DM me!

Reddit forums like /asktransgender and /MTF are places that greatly helped me with questions I had.
3 years

Feabie would be the last place I would ask for information about anything.
I was on there when it first went online and the people were horrible.
Lots of opinions but very little facts come out of that site.
I stayed maybe a month and that was all I could stand.
I used to help with trans teens for a local LGBT center and from my experience just treat your partner with love and respect like you would anyone else.
Trans people are like anyone else they are trying to live life like any one else.
3 years

As a trans guy I tend to go to reddit and talk to fellow trans guys. I also have local groups in my area and my endocrinologist office also has resources listed on their website too.
3 years

Local groups is a great idea.
Thanks Raven.
3 years

Ditzy:
Feabie would be the last place I would ask for information about anything.
I was on there when it first went online and the people were horrible.
Lots of opinions but very little facts come out of that site.
I stayed maybe a month and that was all I could stand.
I used to help with trans teens for a local LGBT center and from my experience just treat your partner with love and respect like you would anyone else.
Trans people are like anyone else they are trying to live life like any one else.

that is great ditzy, thank you - and great for you in helping young people in that way, that is just fantastic!

i have always felt like i was an ally of the LGTBQ community, but wow has emily shown me that i had (and still have) a lot to learn! and i want to do more to be an advocate for her.

i totally understand your feelings about feabie. it is not a good place to share real info, it is more like screaming into the void. i find the forums here are far more helpful for meaningful discussions about any kind of topic.

thank you!
3 years

quietfeedee:
Try out this site (glaad.org) for some tips for interacting with trans people (they’re the basics, but they’re helpful if you don’t know! Sorry if it’s kinda basic compared to what you’re looking for)
www.glaad.org/transgender/allies

thank you for this link - even though glaad has been a huge presence in this area forever it seems, i hadn't stumbled across their website somehow. it seems they have lots of good content.
3 years

It would seem, that as open minded the people might be about transgendered people, they probably would not understand the feederism part.
3 years

I would treat them as two separate things canuck.
80% of social media is infested with trolls and fake profiles. You can't trust many people online.
When I first came online via another pro feeder site I won't name I foolishly confided in a man and woman local to me.
Turned out they wanted me in their threesome and it got to the point I was scared of them.
They were into sadomasochism and feeding and they stalked me 24/7.
I ended up getting the police involved and they both ended up in jail for what they did to me.
This site is a really special place and there are so many really caring people here .
I would trust most here but the key is keep it as distant as you can and do not share personal info with someone you just met.
If someone gets really pushy stay away from them.
3 years

johnxyz:
It would seem, that as open minded the people might be about transgendered people, they probably would not understand the feederism part.

and vice versa, i have noticed. i don't think many of the feedists sites are tremendously trans-positive. i think ff is an exception, actually.
3 years
12   loading