Fat experiences

Have you ever wanted to backtrack on your weight gain out of shock

Have any of you attempted to gain weight and then suddenly get freaked out after realizing that you're actually getting really fat. This question was born out of a personal experience.
3 years

johniav:
Have any of you attempted to gain weight and then suddenly get freaked out after realizing that you're actually getting really fat.

several times!

gaining from my pre-fat weight of 150-160 lbs to 200 or so was the hardest to come to terms with. a couple of times i panicked, and went back to the gym to try to slim down. but clearly those attempts were not successful, lol!

sometime after i had passed 200, i can't remember when (maybe 225 lbs?), i made an attempt to get back to the gym and get back in shape. it turned out to be my last (failed) attempt. by then i was just too out of shape, too big, and too jiggly - my ego couldn't take being there, to be honest!

i am living proof and warning of the slippery slope! but i don't regret it - eating chips, pizza and cupcakes is way more pleasurable than running on a treadmill! smiley
3 years

I can relate to certain aspects of what all of you have said. On one hand, you think that you will like it and then realize that you have gone far enough to where people at least notice that you are not slim. I can literally see people staring at my stomach. It is a bit of a struggle as one part of me likes the change but it changes the game dramatically. I don't know if I like the embarrassing part of being fat.
3 years

johniav:
Have any of you attempted to gain weight and then suddenly get freaked out after realizing that you're actually getting really fat.

canuck:
several times!

gaining from my pre-fat weight of 150-160 lbs to 200 or so was the hardest to come to terms with. a couple of times i panicked, and went back to the gym to try to slim down. but clearly those attempts were not successful, lol!

sometime after i had passed 200, i can't remember when (maybe 225 lbs?), i made an attempt to get back to the gym and get back in shape. it turned out to be my last (failed) attempt. by then i was just too out of shape, too big, and too jiggly - my ego couldn't take being there, to be honest!

i am living proof and warning of the slippery slope! but i don't regret it - eating chips, pizza and cupcakes is way more pleasurable than running on a treadmill! smiley

You are for some a cautionary tale, for others you are an inspiration.
3 years

I never planned on hovering around 245... The food does taste good, and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of it...
3 years

I have had a few periods where the number on the scale was so much bigger than I expected so I tried to lose. I have never had much success - my boyfriend is always getting me to cheat and before I know it I have started gaining again.

The last time I weighed myself I was over for 200 which was a big shock. Given that everything is feeling a little bit more snug I am sure the number hasn’t moved down.
3 years

fuwafuwatummy:
I’m honestly gaining to see if overeating and fasting will work to fix my metabolism.

Like the All In/Intuitive Eating thing Stephanie Buttermore did on Youtube?
3 years

As I approached 250 I had to take a big breather and think it through before I continued gaining.
3 years

When stairs started to become an issue and growing a belly apron will make you contemplate that I might have gone to the point of no return
3 years

WideJuan76:
When stairs started to become an issue and growing a belly apron will make you contemplate that I might have gone to the point of no return

I can imagine. It's hard to anticipate the consequences both good and bad.
3 years
123   loading