Fat experiences

When did it hit that you're fat.

When I went to the internist for a checkup and I got a long talk about my weight.
3 years

When putting on my socks became a workout 😅

I’m not huge but all gut, it’s exhausting, especially in the early morning, pre work hours 🐷
3 years

I've had it a couple times as I've gone through various levels of fat.

Being told that a 42 was as high as khakis went in Sears at that time.

First time I couldn't sit straight in a restaurant booth. Doubly so because it was at a buffet and I hadn't gone through the line yet.

Went to a friend's niece's birthday party and the place had a turnstile you went through to get in. I was too wide even sideways and had to go through the handicap one.

And my personal favorite one. This was just after I passed 400.
I went for my first appointment at my allergist and they didn't have a scale with a high enough limit to weigh me. The sliding weight could only go to 350, their digital scale went to 400 so all they got was ERROR.
3 years

Larpus98:
When putting on my socks became a workout 😅

I’m not huge but all gut, it’s exhausting, especially in the early morning, pre work hours 🐷

More or less this. More specifically when I went shoe shopping one Summer day while wearing a light grey golf shirt, and the effort of putting on all those shoes led me to sweat, and the under-moob sweat dampened my shirt making it go dark around there, making it visible to all.
3 years

I had inherited some clothes from my uncle.
I was staying at a residential hotel, that had an all you can eat lunch buffet. I made sure I got my moneys worth. As I gained weight, I only had to
reach in for larger clothing.
When I ran out of larger clothing, I "discovered"
I had a pot belly, and I started to feel fat.
3 years

While I noticed my clothes became tighter I still not feeling fat really, maybe it will come to me as I gained weight a little more. I think it's individual.
3 years

When I looked down and can longer see my member without leaning forward, and when my belly sat on my legs and I need to physically grab it and move it to adjust it.
3 years

It was this site, I think! I've enjoyed reading (and looking at) this site since back in the day when I was in my athletic prime so as much as I enjoyed the content I never could personally relate to the experiences. Then one day (after years of gradual weight gain), I was looking in the mirror and realized how similar I looked to some of the fine chubby folks on here.

I used to read about people's gains here and in my subconscious wonder "how do you let yourself go like that? Good thing I've only gained a couple pounds...". It turns out that only gaining "a couple pounds" a year, turns into 40lbs and a beer gut before you realize it, and THAT'S how people let themselves go. because as it turns out I'm one of them...
3 years

I was weighed at my doctor’s appointment on Friday the scale went to 240.3 lbs. I was fully clothed but still I felt really fat!
I measured my waist last night, I’m finally at 48” around, i’m 71” tall.
During my last appointment on Tuesday, my doctor’s nurse asked if I wanted to enroll in the VA’s weight loss program. I respectfully declined.
3 years

When I out grew cloths from normal stores and had to start shopping at big guy stores.
3 years
12   loading