Fat experiences

What hobbies and activites attract the most fatties

Apart from the obvious (i.e. events for large people and admirers), I'd say gaming events. As in table-based RPGs, miniatures, wargames...
3 years

ShakesSphere:
I am a regular at pie eating contests at community fairs. I am always the fattest competitor and I always lose. I have a huge capacity but my speed is not good. I lose to the high school and college jocks.
I am the only one who keeps eating after the referee blows the whistle ju8st because I like it. The jocks are turning green and looking ill and I am just scarfing away. Once I said to the winner, who looked like he was about to hurl, "Hey are you going to finish that?" He had to run to the bathroom. Too bad, because it was mighty fine blueberry pie.

Cool story! My experience is that the folks who eat the most are slender athletes. I remember a 6'4 170 lb. Cross Country runner who liked to demolish pizza and beer - he ate more in general than anyone I've known. At 5'8 and 150 lbs. with a body type like a Folkstyle Wrestler, I eat more than most fat people that I know. Crazy...
3 years

Feedmesqueezeme:
From my experience, people into Warhammer and miniature painting seem to be pretty big. Visited lots of tournaments with fat players

Mybeautifulbelly:
As a Necron and Lizardmen player. There are plenty of heffers knocking around at your local games room. You'd be hard pressed to find any women though.

What do you play?

Is anyone here into blood bowl on the pc?

True dat about the male/female ratio at gaming events. Expect several (or more)dudes for every chick.

One thing I like about gamers is that they are about as non-judgmental a group as you can find. As long as you are there to play the game and not cheat, cause problems, etc., you are welcome.
3 years

Feedmesqueezeme:
From my experience, people into Warhammer and miniature painting seem to be pretty big. Visited lots of tournaments with fat players

Mybeautifulbelly:
As a Necron and Lizardmen player. There are plenty of heffers knocking around at your local games room. You'd be hard pressed to find any women though.

What do you play?

Is anyone here into blood bowl on the pc?

I don’t play the tournaments as I don’t like playing competitively but I’ve been to Warhammer world when tournaments have been going on. I play Aeronautica Imperialis and Warhammer Underworlds

But as in other comments, nerdy hobbies definitely seem to have fatter people smiley
3 years

Feedmesqueezeme:
I don’t play the tournaments as I don’t like playing competitively but I’ve been to Warhammer world when tournaments have been going on. I play Aeronautica Imperialis and Warhammer Underworlds

Aeronautica Imperialis? Never heard of it but the name intrigues me!
3 years

Sumo Wrestling is a good one
3 years

william keay:
Sumo Wrestling is a good one

Yep! I can't think of another athletic sport that has a similar proportion (pun not intended) of fat competitors.
3 years

I know musicians who are fat. Back in the day Randy Bachman (BTO, Bachman Turner Overdrive) was a chunker and rocked a nice beer belly.

2 years

I remember BTO! Heard the Not Fragile LP around 1980 and became a fan.

Musicians come in many shapes and sizes - it is nice that you don't need a specific body type to play music.

Regarding fat musicians, Poison Idea (80s-90s Hardcore from PDX) immediately comes to mind. Also Screaming Trees and Tad. Dr. Roadkill (Sloppy Seconds' original guitarist) is another fat man who can rock.
2 years

Plenty of moderately active stuff you can do even if you’re fat. Walking is still the best exercise. Then there’s collecting and wearing costume jewelry and getting another tattoo, like my wife :-)
2 years
12   loading