General

Med related gain

A few weeks ago my doctor put me on a medication that has a side effect of weight gain. Within a few days of starting it I noticed a huge change in my appetite and by the way my clothes fit I can tell that I am gaining weight. My boyfriend is loving it as I pork up. I haven’t weighed myself yet because I am afraid of what I will see. I assume my dr will weigh me when I go for a follow up visit.
3 years

Med related gain

What are you taking
3 years

Med related gain

Depakote and dilantin both made me gain weight
3 years

Med related gain

To make another point. I always see the ads on television for meds that treat bi-polar issues. All of them show slim models having issues, then after they are apparently on the meds, she's fine and still slim. They only mention casually side effects of metabolic and weight gain issues, which in reality are quite pronounced. I personally know people who have taken meds for mental health issues and gained substantial weight.
3 years

Med related gain

You should understand 80% of what you see on TV isn't the truth.
The people in the ads are actors.
I stopped watching TV back in 2007 because nothing was worth watching.
3 years

Med related gain

Ditzy:

Ditzy, so true!
3 years

Med related gain

Ditzy:

Agreed. I used to have a job on the marketing team of this product for weight loss and it did nothing off the sort but I had to find fitness models to shoot the ad and we all knew the product didn't work so I stopped watching television once I started to work in it.
3 years

Med related gain

Seroquel for sleep.
3 years

Med related gain

Gettingfatter25:
A few weeks ago my doctor put me on a medication that has a side effect of weight gain. Within a few days of starting it I noticed a huge change in my appetite and by the way my clothes fit I can tell that I am gaining weight. My boyfriend is loving it as I pork up. I haven’t weighed myself yet because I am afraid of what I will see. I assume my dr will weigh me when I go for a follow up visit.

Sounds like you’re enjoying it :-) Let yourself go, I say!
3 years

Med related gain

fanedfox:
To make another point. I always see the ads on television for meds that treat bi-polar issues. All of them show slim models having issues, then after they are apparently on the meds, she's fine and still slim. They only mention casually side effects of metabolic and weight gain issues, which in reality are quite pronounced. I personally know people who have taken meds for mental health issues and gained substantial weight.

Yup, no meds put on weight faster than bipolar/anti-psychotic meds. Clozapine and Olanzapine are off the charts.

When Eli Lilly was sued over it, prosecutors presented testimonies from the original studies in court. And one of the doctors was quoted during the study saying "if we were tasked with developing a drug for weight gain, we would all be millionaires. I've never witnessed anything like this."
3 years
12   loading