General

Med related gain

Bicepsual:
Yup, no meds put on weight faster than bipolar/anti-psychotic meds. Clozapine and Olanzapine are off the charts.

When Eli Lilly was sued over it, prosecutors presented testimonies from the original studies in court. And one of the doctors was quoted during the study saying "if we were tasked with developing a drug for weight gain, we would all be millionaires. I've never witnessed anything like this."[/quote]

So, what I hear is that these meds are wonderful and enhance the beauty of women who take them! šŸ˜
3 years

Med related gain

An hour after I take the medicine I get super hungry and I literally canā€™t stop eating. Yesterday I meant to have a few Oreos but ended up eating the entire box, and I still wanted more food. My boyfriend was there with donuts and chips. Clothing is starting to feel snug so I know I am gaining, and the medication is really helping my sleep.
3 years

Med related gain

Gettingfatter25:
An hour after I take the medicine I get super hungry and I literally canā€™t stop eating. Yesterday I meant to have a few Oreos but ended up eating the entire box, and I still wanted more food. My boyfriend was there with donuts and chips. Clothing is starting to feel snug so I know I am gaining, and the medication is really helping my sleep.

It also slows down metabolism
3 years

Med related gain

I may weigh myself this weekend. I feel like I have gained so much since I started this medication. Some of my clothes are getting tight and my boobs are getting bigger.
3 years

Med related gain

My wifeā€™s journey to being over 300 pounds began with meds. Steroidal meds to manage her asthma, specifically. Gained over a hundred pounds in just a few years. Sheā€™s less dependent on those in recent years but her weight stayed up.
3 years

Med related gain

fatchance:
So, what I hear is that these meds are wonderful and enhance the beauty of women who take them! šŸ˜[/quote]

Not really, it causes metabolic changes that greatly increase the chance of developing diabetes.
3 years

Med related gain

Gettingfatter25:
I may weigh myself this weekend. I feel like I have gained so much since I started this medication. Some of my clothes are getting tight and my boobs are getting bigger.

So how much have you gained
3 years

Med related gain

TryingHard:
Well, after some time away from this topic, I feel the need to rejoin the conversation.

I had previously posted some comments about my experience with Zyprexa.

As a small athletic person most of my life, I really enjoyed gaining 40 pounds and becoming chubby and soft. I didnā€™t even try to gain. I always liked rounder body types on others and after growing into one, I was thrilled!

But, being sleepy all of the time was terrible for me. It did work wonders for my mental well-being.

I think one important aspect of taking medications, especially if you pursue those medications partly for gaining reasons, is to be open with your provider/doctor.

Right now, I am trying to build to courage to let my doctor know I was fine with the gaining. I think the health model sorta pushes doctors to encourage a tight weight range.

Right now, I am concerned about my current regiment. I am considering going back to Zyprexa, because it was so good at handling my head. Plus, the weight gain would be fun. But, the sleepiness.... ....

Suggestions?

I don't see your comments- what did you say you were taking the Zyprexa for? There is a range of new antipsychotic meds that you can try these days. It's worth asking your doctor about the new stuff!
2 years

Med related gain

TryingHard:
I took zyprexa to moderate some ups and downs. The sleepiness I got from it was intolerable. I just wish I knew of one that didnā€™t put me to sleep.... I am intrigued by getting up to 190 or 200lbs.

Well, for me, I tried a new one called Vraylar and it gave me a seriously ramped up appetite, like to the extreme. I was STARVING as if I hadn't eaten for days literally every hour or so. It was insane. It didn't make me sleepy at all, and I hear that from a lot of people.
2 years
12   loading