Story authors

How can i find the inciting incident

John Smith:
As long you are not plagued by the blank page syndrome, you will eventually sort it out.

Well I sort of am plagued by that in some ways. I keep having issues just getting started because I like to start at the beginning of the story (it's the only way I can honestly because otherwise I don't know how we got here) and I keep having issues creating that.

It's like I just can't figure who this character is and what their background is to lead to the inciting incident and then the story. I do have an idea of how the story would continue from there (vague ideas for the outline of her arc) but not this part.

I keep thinking that I might have something but then it seems to not work out. I'm afraid I'm on the same path again even with an idea now but I will try it, I just hope it all works out this time.
3 years

John Smith:
It seems like a interesting idea. smiley

Thank you, hopefully this is the one.
3 years

John Smith:
I hate that when such similar mental obstacle is happening to me when writing down a story.

I also feel like they might be right in saying I'm overthinking it. Fat fetish stories naturally have suspense in them in the from of the weight gain happening. As they keep growing (at least in the ones I like) you keep wondering how far it's going to go, how big are they going to get.

So essentially this already makes for a good story but still I feel it's missing conflict. The events in the story feel like they just happen just because they can and not for any reason.

My solution of placing myself into the story doesn't seem to work because the conflict would be dealing with trauma and getting out of that through the help of the other characters and somehow the weight gain. How does that even work?

If I actually gained weight, I'd most likely be worse off than I am with my PTSD. I get flashbacks just from tiny little things that feel sexual in nature to me or just remind me of my sexuality (say a character on TV belches or someone talks about fat/weight gain or loss or something like that, if I'm not wanting anything to do with sex when that happens then I get flashbacks, even if I'm wanting to have sex but this isn't from the party I'm consenting to do it with then I get flashbacks).

So if I'm lugging around the object of my affections all day then I'm screwed. I'd be forced to think about in every situation I wouldn't want to.

I've done megatons of thinking about this. Given how I originally envisioned I'd be making this project as a film and I'd be wearing fat suits or a mo-cap suit with some special pads to make me move like I was actually covered in fat when I wasn't, but I realized how I would not be comfortable doing that surrounded my a crew of people recording me doing this even if they were okay with it.

If I was shooting the thing myself then it would be okay (and that is still an option) but I'm still not sure if I'd be okay with releasing it to people after editing it. A CG animation with my voice, different story, as it's not me that people are being turned on by.

Maybe I'm just not where I can make this type of story right now, maybe I need to get help in some other way first. Though now I've got the problem of I need to get this idea down first and it's not really a completed idea and thus I need to finish that and then have it ready to make when I can.

I'll keep trying but I'm not sure how well I'll do. I guess one thing that might help is that I can ask you what's a good conflict you've read in a weight gain story? What lead to that conflict?

That's what I've been looking for an afraid to look in places I'm unfamiliar with given everything I've talked about so far. So I just keep going back to the artists whose stories I read all the time.

Lucy's Stuffing by Better-with-salt has the conflict of her dealing with how she feels wrong for gaining weight but also likes how it makes her feel. Other artists kind of don't have one or don't have one that I like.

So I'd be interested in hearing ones that you like. I just don't know where to look and every time I try I get hurt. Perhaps that's my sign to leave this project for now but I don't want to abandon it.

I feel I've gotten it right so far but it's still missing something. It just feels like events without any reason behind them. I don't know what to do.
3 years

John Smith:
[...] or 2) [...] of a mundane inciting accident: she witnessed a bank robbery and unwittingly caught the true face of one of the thiefs, who happens to be a very dangerous and resourceful female mobster, so she had to undergo a witness protection program, change her identity and apparance, and lead a new life in another city with her new face and name. Because of a mix of justified paranoia, informed witness protection trick, and an implicit evocation about some unassumed macrophiliac kink left dormant, she rapidly brought up a excuse to overgorge herself on a regular basis and letting herself go, evoking that gaining weight might help to further refine her guise. Fast forward three or five years later, we found the protagonist again, now morbidly obese and hardly hiding on her face the sentiment of fulfiling she radiates due to her massive form, waddling around a park when she stumble onto a super-obese bystander, who happens to be the once-thin thief who ruined her former life... the thief ran away from the police and ironically engaged a new life in the same town by undergoing a makeover change coupled by a dramatic weight gain in order to blend within her new setting. For the sake of simplicity to the story, the thief immediatly recognize her in spite her dramatically altered apparence and engages a lamentable pursuit, quickly fall out and the police catch her.

I didn't have any trouble with my characters at these times given that they were all but one-dimensional eye candies and junk fanservice.

Then... I decided to level up around ages 16-17 by writing up short novels and tales with the exact same themes: but instead, the stories explores some passages of the different characters's psyches and motives as their bodies gradually transforms whether in mundane, technologically-advanded or preternatural ways, and how far are they willing to shrug off the perceived red flags until it is too late. They are exactly like Alice in Wonderland: they are just savouring the here-now of falling into the rabbit hole and pursuing a purpose, duty or fantasy, without fully considering the consequences, and when they actually does they act irresponsibly nonetheless. Even a later re-iteration of the second type of early narrative told above becomes subsequently more elaborate about the characters's different motives and journeys.
Creating their personalities seemed no trouble to me, given that they were all based upon template real-life female personalities I was well acquaitanced to outside home, or TV characters.

This is around ages 18-23 that my stories became even more complex and contrive, and also the period I'd started to get progressively struck by the blank page syndrome. Since then, it's been now nearly five years and I still have a tremendous amount of difficulty focusing upon writing down a fictitious erotica fiction past the prose lenght. Oddly, I do not experience the same angst while writing down autobiographical anectodes and accounts of various women I met or knew having undergone a weight gain: for evidence, the latest story I published was an unfinished thread of mine (unfinished because some forum members were, let's say... very hostile about me publishing this story) narrating the observations I made about Muslim people - in particular women - gaining weight during and a little after each Ramadan and how a few former love interests has dramatically plumpened up.

I went on a similar journey with my story writing, when I was just 10-14 the plots were just character gains weight. And that's it.

Then from 14-18 (I think) I started having some repeating stories:

-A rather large queen/princesses invites her rival queen/princess over for a feast thinking she is the larger of the two of them, then her rival shows up clearly fatter than her and the feast commences, the rival eats much more than the queen/princess whose castle she's visiting leaving much fatter then when she came

-A princess becomes a queen never understanding why her mother was so large until now when she realizes she's inherited the royal appetite and must accept the royal offers

-A princess begins to realize how much she's gained weight but is encouraged by the hero who rescued her once before to keep going, and then one day realizes how much she's eating (multiple banquet tables worth of food)

These plots we're abandoned once I began to think about the idea of the servants being forced to make all of this ungodly amounts of food and how the princess would also be thinking about that and begin to want to become independent, like in some of the other plots:

[continued in next]
3 years

- Venturing throughout the fantasy land the princess and her hero find themselves gaining weight (I can't remember why or how)

- A story with the hero mysteriously gaining weight and then finding themselves hungry and then they find the princess and the two gain weight together

Then I started liking the idea of someone more down to Earth and in our reality (save for a few things), so from about !8 until I stopped doing this all the time around like 22 I had these plots that continuously occurred to me:

- The House-Witches story I published here, man breaks into witch's house and becomes one of them through a gender change and weight gain, implied to be something the man wanted all along

- Born from that one but removing the gender change and witches, a housewife starts putting o weight around the holidays that seem to come by very quickly, or perhaps gains weight anyway and then when the other housewives comment on her gains she is only encouraged to gain even more

- A female vampire is granted the ability to eat human food again and somewhat goes a little crazy, possibly gains weight because she wants her friend to show her the various human holidays and does so, or she offers one person she wants to eat the offer to either fix her tons of human food or get eaten and of course they take the former and she gains weight

That was it, though at some point during all of that I figured out another way to write stories that would help given I wanted to work in a visual medium. By taking various images by other artists and arranging them to form a new story that wasn't there originally.

It works like this, each images basically tells you what happens at that moment in the sequence (if they are eating, if they are talking, if they are doing something completely different, etc.) and you only need to arrange them according to size and if it makes sense to happen in that way. You somewhat just have to feel that out as it's too open ended otherwise.

Though this method doesn't actually give you a conflict unless you use a sequence that has one, or if you basically have an idea of a story already and then arrange the images to create that.

This is kind of why I've been stuck, but since posting before I've now decided to let my other DID identities figure out the story, and they've gotten pretty far. Even figured out a better way of arranging the images (in groups that we know are connected).

They've also figured out a few conflicts to pick from so we've come a ways, now we still have to figure out a few things of course but things seem to be looking up, but well see how things go, I have high hopes but also have some anxiety.

Thank you so much for all of this, I loved talking with you and hope to do so again some day under better circumstances.
3 years

John Smith:
I realize your literature genre preferences in matter of writing off WG fiction narrative are much WG/realistic medieval fantasy/sword & sorcery oriented; while mine are much cosmicist horror/psychological horror/comedy drama/science fantasy/soft science fiction/magical realism/Neo-Weird/crime drama/mystery/Whodunit/erotic suspense/metaphysical philosophy/ethics philosophy or mundane drama related.

It usually simple to me to elaborate a character's psyche, leitmotiv and personality within the sphere of an erotic storytelling, who don't resemble at me at all, when I don't have any of those mental blocks. But never thought neither about why it was this easy.

Sort of, actually each of my stories were either modern with fantasy elements or were psychological horror, possibly sometimes with the pseudo-medieval backdrop (the princess stories all were sort of in the realm of Zelda game logic or in that universe; these games mainly use magic but often will showcase technology that only makes sense in a time closer to ours, sometimes even featuring elements of the very system the game is being played on).

The House-wtiches story and housewife story were supposed to be in a contemporary setting, but that didn't quite come across and I admit that.

The vampire story was also supposed to be happening in our current era. That one was somewhat more obvious though I left out the details of her weight gain starting on Halloween/Samhain night when she refuses to drink blood and finds a way to eat candy instead, which of course starts things going from there,

I now like writing hard-science-fantasy, where essentially everything in the story adheres to real-world science in someway even when things get fantastical. The fantasy elements are explained through science as well because "Advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic" accord to Arthur C. Clarke.

That's one thing I've always liked about Zelda, that while it didn't explain any of that it hinted that the magic was more scientific in nature and seemed like it wanted to go into psychological horror at times (in fact, Nintendo has a patent for "Sanity Effects" with a mock-up screen shot of a Zelda game, though this mechanic was later used in Eternal Darkness and never again but still you can see how Nintendo may have wanted to play around with it in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask).

I'm bad to describe things too vaguely for anyone to understand what I'm talking about or where I'm at, this seems to cause people to give me more credit that I have a completed idea when I don't or to draw their own conclusions from nothing. Both understandable but I need to get better about that.

To explain what I mean, I didn't mention the time shifts in the housewife story where time moved on too quickly where through the course of one day she somehow experienced every American feasting holiday. Without this info the genre can be misconstrued as a slice-of-life story or even medieval fantasy given my previous works but in fact it was psychological horror the whole time.

In one ending of House-wtiches I revealed that there were no witches other than Constance herself. I mentioned previously how I wanted to make something similar to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a story about heavy drug use, I've had drugs be the explanation for many story ideas.

Sorry to have confused you I should have been clearer.
3 years

John Smith:
Your shared universe picks my curiosity. I would like to read some of your stories, someday.

Well it was more just fan fiction, then I just figured out what I liked about Zelda and started working from there. If it's possible this story may be turned into a Zelda clone but we'll have to wait and see about that.

Unfortunately I never wrote any of those stories down because honestly writing descriptions (and reading them back) is something I have difficulties with. I don't think I have ADHD but it's like the pacing is completely messed up in my head when there's a description between dialogue because it feels like it took for ever for us to get back into the scene. Maybe I've just read bad stories and the good ones I just don't remember sadly.

This is why I like working in a visual medium better, sure I still have to write a script but I can also make storyboards but I can communicate the emotions of things better through non-verbal work and show metaphorical imagery instead of talking about it.

Like this: "We show the rain against the glass behind our lead's saddened silhouette" in a script versus, "The rain fell down like tears from the heavens as if in this moment she was connected to the universe in some way, still she held herself from resorting to the same reaction and continued to keep her mask of apathy."

At first glance the second one is better because it gives more details, but in the first we have those details explained elsewhere in the story. Assuming we did the same in the second this becomes repetitive, though still makes up for it in how it uses metaphor.

The first uses a visual metaphor that gets the pint across. Neither is objectively better but subjectively of course we can argue all day, but as for me I like writing and reading the first one better as it doesn't feel like it's been dramatically fluffed up to match a word limit for a project.

I guess I'm just not much of a book person, and I feel guilty for that honestly. It's like I get lost in the words, which is odd because when reading posts in the forum I understand the information I'm given and don't get lost in it all.

Perhaps it's the dramatic flair, when talking to someone and recounting information from real life you don't go about describing it with metaphors and unnecessary details, but in a story those details become necessary and are expected.

So I'm able to understand a conversation better than a story and if I had written these stories, they'd probably be in first person and written more like a recounting of events. Most of the time in the playing out of those stories I would focus more on the dialogue of the characters and if necessary have them talk to themselves.

In the story of the princess eating banquets worth of food, the final scenes had her doing the math in her head about how much she's eating and reasoning she must be the fattest person in the kingdom (all of this spoken aloud and she thinks).

Something like "I never realized I had started eating three tables worth, I really have been eating more and didn't realize" ... "So given how eat for each meal, this must mean I eat the most of anyone in the entire kingdom, and perhaps I may just be the fattest!" with me reading the dialogue with enthusiasm towards the end.

The only narration was for scene transitions (ex. "After several months of this constant gluttony, the princess awoke once again to the smell of breakfast"smiley, everything else was just all visualized in my head. (ex. the reinforced canopy bed she sleeps on, the elaborate patterns of her dress, the look of the castle).

That's how the stories were all made, just in the moment as I mostly just memorized them. Then when I started to grow tired of them and got serious about writing I had to figure out new techniques and the ones that came naturally are those of the film industry.

Maybe once this story is done you can read it, though it will most likely be different from these as they were just simple stories, this one's much more thought out and elaborate then those could ever have been. Still, I hope you enjoy it all the same.
3 years

John Smith:
I recognize that I developped myself some tendency into belaboring the descriptive narration in my latest attempts at hatching out fiction stories, over the past two or three years. I overthink constantly, so it doesn't help.

I still try to find a way to get rid of the lenghty phrasing, and stick to the essential while still preserving my idea of the said narrative. Quite a mental challenge.

Sorry that you too are going through overthinking things, that's rough. One quote that helped me only after realizing how to apply it to myself is "Over-engineering is the mark of inferior design" by Jamie Hyneman of the Mythbusters.

For me I've taken that to mean that the story shouldn't be complicated and neither should the process of writing it. Though of course you should take care and effort into writing one.

My revised method is to figure out the tone, then the ending, followed by the conflict and/or premise and then the beginning. Then just write it out from there.

How I write it out is through improv. I basically write with one or more of my DID identities playing the other characters and we just act out the scene while writing it down.

I think this is why I apply myself to the characters because I don't just write a character I preform as the character and somewhat become them and have to think how I would respond as an actor playing a character.

I think it came from me playing video games as a child, but I find it easier to put myself into someone else's shoes to see how they would react to this situation. So when writing a story I do the same and I can't detach myself from the character as then the character wouldn't feel right or I'd write them as a blank slate.

this is why I like the visual medium better as that's just how I write, I write characters more than narration or metaphors. I visualize the set and camera angles instead of some metaphorical imagery but how do I make the audience feel the same way through audio and visual.

I also often think about the soundtrack that would be playing in these scenes. What sound effects and of course what music would be playing.

I'd have a chilling, high pitch chord on a violin during vore that builds as the person is lifted off the ground and goes down as the person is swallowed. I'd have feasting scenes have a score that creates tension yet also wonder as you watch the belly expand and the food diminish.

There's an animation of an anthropomorphic giraffe visiting a buffet and eating the entire buffet herself and growing into a huge size. The music the artist used there was perfect for how I would imagine it would go for weight gain scenes. I wish I could think of the name.

The only problem with making something in the visual medium is that it is harder to do than writing, only because in writing you write out something that you expect the reader's imagination to conjure up an image for them, but in the visual medium I have to recreate the image my imagination conjures up and somehow present that on a screen in some way.

The process of recreating that is hard. Drawing is one method but also take practice and references to get it right. Photo-manipulation is somewhat easier but requires a picture to already exist of what you need and that's not always the case and thus why it's not easier is because you have to create that initial image anyway.

The method I want to go for is CGI. given technology nowadays I can use this at least a s stepping stone to what I want in the end if not this. I only need to make one character model and then add nurb spheres in the correct shape and size to create the fat on the model.

In my dreams I'd love to animate this but if not that's fine. The artist sizableSFM on DeviantArt makes Splatoon fan art using the 3D models from the game to create this beautiful CGI of them fattened up. This is what I strive to be able to create, but with my own model(s).

Creating those models has been easier though programs like VRoid which creates 3D models similar to how you can make them in the Sims. These models are even pre-rigged for animation (given skeletons, the thing that make a 3D model move) making the process even easier.

So it seems even easier than ever to work in the visual medium, though this doesn't make it easier to make stories as you still need to figure out the same things for that either way.

So I haven't really found a solution either but I do have solutions for everything else that needs to happen to get this done.
3 years

John Smith:
Interesting. I shall apply this method unto my writing to check up how far it works and help to make my drafts fluidier.

Hope it helps. It can be really fun even if you don't make a story, at least for me as I enjoy acting things out.
3 years
123   loading