General

Fat fetish research survey

Got it knocked out. I'm interested to see the results.
3 years

Just finished the survey.
3 years

Just finished survey. I'd say under body categories for selves and adults you probably need more. For example, I grew up in a household of former olympic level sports people, my father and mother, post career both became body builders and owned a chain of gymnasia.

There is more than underweight, skinny, normal, chubby, obese etc in terms of body type.
3 years

Took the quiz, very interesting. I think this is certainly something that each of us have tried to examine in ourselves in different ways.

Speaking only for myself, I think the fascination with gaining has mostly been limited to fantasy. I find that it's every bit as powerful and potent to think and talk about feeding and wg as it is to actually engage in it. I'm not sure if any other participants here have a similar outlook, but it might be a question to think of adding in a future version of the questionnaire.

Good work though putting this together. Good luck to you!
3 years

I think it would be valuable to add "I am only turned on by my partner gaining weight if they are turned on by it" to a lot of these questions.
3 years

LondonFA:
Just finished survey. I'd say under body categories for selves and adults you probably need more. For example, I grew up in a household of former olympic level sports people, my father and mother, post career both became body builders and owned a chain of gymnasia.

There is more than underweight, skinny, normal, chubby, obese etc in terms of body type.

PsychResearchFF:
Yes, this first survey has just been a simple one to get an outline on how to better detail the next few. I will be making much more detailed specific surveys in the coming days, along with more questions about the social and cultural influences people have experienced surrounding this fetish as a young age. smiley Thank you for taking the survey tho!

glad to be part of it.

Re the comment: It's that ithing in surveys with the balance of quantifiable answers, understandability and the need to not create a skew by having weighted questions.

"Normal" is a dangerous answer to have available as although it does allow for the isolation of an outsider in a set, it equally does not help in identification of the idea of paraphilias being from the "outside" of what people internally feel as sexually normal attraction.

I used myself as an example as "normal" for me as an army officer from a family of athletes, but equally being someone with family in rural florida and northern england, has no normal in a historic sense in body type. Fit, unfit, short, tall, fat, slim, they are all equally weighted, not just for me but for most in Europe and North America.

We are a highly migrant society with an increasingly broad influencer set from across our native linguistic media base.

We have Oprah and Ellen in common media; if looking at a visual "normal", that makes for a very broad topped curve and hence, to be sucessfully multi varied in analysis, having 'normal' as an answer without sufficient alternatives forces a skew and therefore eliminates all value in the data set.
3 years

Super interesting! Looking forward to future surveys & the results 😊
3 years

Done. It looks professional, good job! Maybe you could separate questions about "real life" and "fantasy", there are things that we may like in fantasy but not irl.
3 years