Gaining

Fat and healthy, possible?

Another words, of the many different fattening foods, are they all more or less equally unhealthy?

I want to gain surface fat not abdominal
3 years

Fat and healthy, possible?

boundandfeed:
Another words, of the many different fattening foods, are they all more or less equally unhealthy?

I want to gain surface fat not abdominal

This is such a big topic! As a fat admirer forever, initially I struggled with the conflicting ideas of loving someone's fatness but not wishing them harm. So since I was a teen I have been very active in reading and researching and discussion with doctors, what are the real health risks with being fat?

Because we all know people who lived to a ripe old age with a nice quality of life that were obese for some or all of their life! Right?

When medical literature says things like "being overweight or obese increases your risk of..." [fill in the blank] they are referring to the populace as a statistical group. The problem with that is, as we all know, we inherit certain genetic traits that are specific to us (or our lineage). So, where my best friend may have a predisposed genetic risk of heart disease, I may not have the same level of risk. Likewise, my risk of breast cancer might be higher for some (probably unknown) reason, etc.

So when they say things like obesity (or anything else, really) "increases the risk of [fill in the blank]" what they really mean is, for some people it will have a very significant effect. For other people, it may have a very limited impact. It depends on the person.

But even as much as I love big, soft, sexy people, I want my significant other to be healthy. So with my current partner, I am encouraging him to be more active (which is a challenge, lmao!). He also has an attraction to junk food and desserts, so I try to offset that with healthier (but still tasty!) foods. I believe you can still be fat without clogging your arteries or increasing your blood pressure with salty, fried foods. The problem is that those foods taste really good! smiley

I got him to start tracking his calories and exercise on fatsecret.com which quickly showed why he is so fat - he consumes way more calories than he burns. Which is fine, but I want him to be fat and well for a long time to come.
3 years