Lifestyle tips

Healty and fat

Ace of spadez:
I want soft fat and not visceral but fast food is something I love. Any tips for gaining soft fat but still be able to stuff fast food. I like fast food hopping way too much to significantly cut back.

Do you like literal fast food or the taste of fast food.

At home, we do a lot of fried chicken, burgers, wings etc, but I make them:

Home made sauces like mayo (just use a stick blender an egg, oil and lemon juice), Ketchup , mustard.

smash burger style burgers are easy to make with just a ball of ground beef and a bun.

RE proper fast food (McDs, checkers, popeyes etc etc) theres a lot of shortcuts they take to achieve flavor fast and cheap including high amounts of High fructose corn syrup, white sugar, excess salting etc etc.

That high sugar and salt will do you no favors and you can get a similar bang for your buck if you put in the effort.

Home made smothered fries are easy to make and way less risky if a regular home made meal than a fast food joint meal.
3 years

Healty and fat

It's really a challenge
3 years

Healty and fat

Wanttoberealfat:
I want to become fat .. really a nice thick hanging belly, but also want to stay healthy do you have any tips?

Go on a Sumo Diet they live to be in their 80s or longer.

The sumo diet is all about protein and complex carbs which is things like Noodles, Rice and potatoes, chicken, fish and even some vegetable's can help like parsnips.

As a meal I have have around 3 roast dinners a week (with chicken) and the other days I have curry and rice, stir fry's (egg noodles and salmon) Stews (chicken potatoes and vegetable's) chilli con carney
3 years

Healty and fat

Wanttoberealfat:
I want to become fat .. really a nice thick hanging belly, but also want to stay healthy do you have any tips?

william keay:
Go on a Sumo Diet they live to be in their 80s or longer.

The sumo diet is all about protein and complex carbs which is things like Noodles, Rice and potatoes, chicken, fish and even some vegetable's can help like parsnips.

As a meal I have have around 3 roast dinners a week (with chicken) and the other days I have curry and rice, stir fry's (egg noodles and salmon) Stews (chicken potatoes and vegetable's) chilli con carney

Actually most of the Sumo wrestlers dying young. Try instead to look for fat diet involved Milky fat and Subcutaneous fat (the good fat), and not the Visceral fat, which causes multiple health issues.

You have to eat plenty of starch (bread, pasta, potatoes) so your body has plenty of energy to store. At the same time, avoid all fructose (fruit, sweets, chocolate, sodas, etc.), which is said to promote visceral fat, and do plenty of excercise, which is said to reduce it.

Beware that lots of packaged foods (frozen pizza, some breads, etc.) have added sugar. So either check all ingredient lists, or (better) just prepare your own food from raw ingredients. But remember the Subcutaneous fat is better then the visceral one.
3 years

Healty and fat

I don't know where you've heard that about sumo's dying young but it's wrong!

Sumo wrestler live way longer than people in American and Europe because of all the intense exercise which is why they are 85% mussel and have very little viscal fat
3 years

Healty and fat

william keay:
I don't know where you've heard that about sumo's dying young but it's wrong!

Sumo wrestler live way longer than people in American and Europe because of all the intense exercise which is why they are 85% mussel and have very little viscal fat

Sumo wrestlers have a life expectancy between 60 and 65, more than 10 years shorter than the average Japanese male, as the diet and sport take a toll on the wrestler's body, and that's a fact.
3 years

Healty and fat

Actually it's 80-85 which is a fact and I know that because I've been there
3 years

Healty and fat

I post this a lot, but I’ll say it again - SHELLED HEMP SEEDS!!! 600kcal/g 30% protein, fantastic source of antioxidants and good fats. I do “teriyaki hemp” where I make stir fried veg with onions and garlic in lots of coconut oil then add a bit of teriyaki sauce, turn off the heat and stir in the hemp seeds. Amazing over brown rice or in a tortilla
3 years

Healty and fat

Re sumo:

The median is quite high but higher ranks including yokozuna do have higher mortality. This is common in elite sports in general as the competitive regime is punishing. My mother was on team GB in the 70s and has significant hip problems in her 50s and early 60s. She also has a number of friends from sports who have dropped prematurely from cancer. Competitive sport is punishing and to reach the top you must sacrifice your health.
Further to this though, although the sumo 1 gorging a day diet is better than 3x fast food plus al2x starbucks and a family bag of.M&Ms for avoiding diabetes, one should consider that from.sun up until the chankonabe is in front of them, sumo are training and training hard.

I visited kokonoe beya in 2006 and it was an intense regime.

Diet and moderate consistant exercise maintain a higher chance of being healthy as we age no matter what.

As an anecdote: I found my 69year old step father dead 4 weeks ago from a heart attack. He looked fit and healthy until the day he died, still could see his abs, but, it was all crunches and a low cal diet. Drove to the pub, and drank vodka and diet coke. Hardened his arteries and his heart was not strong.

My grandmother (only overweight member of the family) walked everywhere up and down the yorkshire hills and along the beach in sitges spain, for shopping, for leisure, but ate 4k calories a day for a lot of her adult life and weighed just shy of 18stone at 5'3. Her knees suffered but she lasted until she was in her mid 90s. Drank 2 glasses of red a day, a lot.of water, cooked every meal except the occasional restaurant, worked like an ox until she was 45 but maintained steady constant activity throughout her middle.age and autumn years.

Summary, if you want to gain or just be fat but be as healthy as you can, do it cautiously with a larger than needed medium sugar, medium salt diet and with moderate constant activity.
3 years

Healty and fat

LondonFA:
Re sumo:

The median is quite high but higher ranks including yokozuna do have higher mortality. This is common in elite sports in general as the competitive regime is punishing. My mother was on team GB in the 70s and has significant hip problems in her 50s and early 60s. She also has a number of friends from sports who have dropped prematurely from cancer. Competitive sport is punishing and to reach the top you must sacrifice your health.
Further to this though, although the sumo 1 gorging a day diet is better than 3x fast food plus al2x starbucks and a family bag of.M&Ms for avoiding diabetes, one should consider that from.sun up until the chankonabe is in front of them, sumo are training and training hard.

I visited kokonoe beya in 2006 and it was an intense regime.

Diet and moderate consistant exercise maintain a higher chance of being healthy as we age no matter what.

As an anecdote: I found my 69year old step father dead 4 weeks ago from a heart attack. He looked fit and healthy until the day he died, still could see his abs, but, it was all crunches and a low cal diet. Drove to the pub, and drank vodka and diet coke. Hardened his arteries and his heart was not strong.

My grandmother (only overweight member of the family) walked everywhere up and down the yorkshire hills and along the beach in sitges spain, for shopping, for leisure, but ate 4k calories a day for a lot of her adult life and weighed just shy of 18stone at 5'3. Her knees suffered but she lasted until she was in her mid 90s. Drank 2 glasses of red a day, a lot.of water, cooked every meal except the occasional restaurant, worked like an ox until she was 45 but maintained steady constant activity throughout her middle.age and autumn years.

Summary, if you want to gain or just be fat but be as healthy as you can, do it cautiously with a larger than needed medium sugar, medium salt diet and with moderate constant activity.

That's a very interesting analysis you have there.

A lot of what you've said about the Sumo diet is what I'm trying to promote smiley

With the right diet and activity it really is possible to be fat and healthy and have the long life you want to have with the correct balance
3 years
12   loading