Fattening others

Healthy gaining phenomenon

Having been in the community for over 20 years, had 4 long term feedees, one of which is my wife, I have always assumed that the general calorie in vs out model is broken, and looking at hormonal balances and insulin interaction was very important in gaining.

This post is an anecdote, but I just wonder if anyone else has experienced this:

2 months ago my wife decided to lose a little [I don't mind, I love the softness every time she loses and her feeling of achievement in gaining control over her body seems to make her keen to gain again when the novelty wears off for her]

All that aside, this time has been different. Over the last year her capacity has increase, and what was once an occasional kinky stuffing, has turned in to a more than regular meal occurrence where 3 grilled cheese sandwiches were her regular breakfast until the start of March, washed down with a 600ml all cream late with a 2/3cup of sugar in it. TO deal with this we went with the route of cutting the simple sugars, white bread etc and slowly tapering her capacity whilst making sure she fills up with leafy greens with lemon juice and olive oil, buckwheat, buckwheat noodles, lean meats and fish, nuts, agave and carob for sweetness, and fresh fruits.

We've done this before, albeit at a lower capacity, and she's started to lose. However, this time, 2 months in, shes still gaining.

Now, we're both getting a bit older, but not much (shes nearly 36) and I've heard of slowing metabolisms etc, but, shes on less than 1600kcal a day at a push and usually around 1100kcal and yet, now 4 weigh ins later, although not gianing like she did last year, shes still up 4 lbs in 2 months. Not much, at her size, but still up.

I though maybe it's something muscular, but, her measurements are the same, and shes not been active in the 2 months. In dfact, we're at our holiday place where we drive and theres an elevator, vs walking up stairs to the bedrooms 4x a day etc like we were when she was gaining.

Has anybody experienced this or anything like it? Literally being on a limited diet, and cautiously counting the kcal etc and having no simple sugars in there; yet maintaining a gain.

I mean I'm not complaining, and neither is she really as she gets to feel like shes "eating healthily" and staying bigger, but, given how much effort we normally put in to maintain a wieght shes reached in a previous push, or to gain with the expense of double cream and all the big meals, it seems a little surreal to have an uptick with such a limited diet.
3 years

LondonFA:
I mean I'm not complaining, and neither is she really as she gets to feel like shes "eating healthily" and staying bigger, but, given how much effort we normally put in to maintain a wieght shes reached in a previous push, or to gain with the expense of double cream and all the big meals, it seems a little surreal to have an uptick with such a limited diet.

1,600 calories is not very much. How much does she weight now, and are you sure you're capturing that number correctly? If yes, it would almost seem that her metabolism has gone into some kind of "starvation" mode. In that case, she might want to have things like her thyroid function checked, just to be safe.
3 years

LondonFA:

amazingem:
1,600 calories is not very much. How much does she weight now, and are you sure you're capturing that number correctly? If yes, it would almost seem that her metabolism has gone into some kind of "starvation" mode. In that case, she might want to have things like her thyroid function checked, just to be safe.

The 4lbs gain was short lived but she's only down 6lbs from when she started the gain. It's a fair point re endocrine investigation.

1600 is not much at all for her size. And re the count she's using an app and inputting her ingredients or, of a prepared meal, the listed calories.

She's down to 258lbs which is way down from her largest peak but given she was 264 when she decided it was enough and she wanted to lose.
3 years