Lifestyle tips

Gaining and lifting

I’ve kind of stopped now (wanna get back to it at some point...) but I used to lift until a few months ago. It didn’t stop me getting chubbier but I definitely had more definition in my belly and arms. I’m much softer looking now. But I think at this point I’m fat enough that it wouldn’t make much visible difference, I just enjoy it. When I’m not too lazy, anyway, and I usually am these days.
3 years

Gaining and lifting

I do, I go to the gym 2 to 3 times a week mainly weight lifting. I still have gained a lot of weight over the years but I found it has really helped me adjust to the weight I’ve gained. It reduces the lower back pain I used to get a lot as well.
3 years

Gaining and lifting

Feedmesqueezeme:
I do, I go to the gym 2 to 3 times a week mainly weight lifting. I still have gained a lot of weight over the years but I found it has really helped me adjust to the weight I’ve gained. It reduces the lower back pain I used to get a lot as well.
that's really interesting. The gym and exercises did not stop the gain? In other words, how do you exercise and still keeping with gaining weight?
3 years

Gaining and lifting

ShooterJones:
Does anybody maintain a regular gym routine while gaining or did you quit the gym (if you went in the first place) to reinforce your commitment to fattening up?

I met my wife at gymbox in the UK when she joined a class I was teaching for a friend in my old regiment.

She wasnt naturally in to working out, however, she was keeping herself healthy.

After coming out and us settling down she dropped a lot of the healthy eating etc.

When baby 2 was on the way I was worried about her health and so consulted some friends who were larger but still fit and tried to adapt their training regimes to her.

Obviously she still stays active with the kids and the stairs in the house, however, to make sure she can carry that glorious belly. She planks, does dead lifts but slowly, no sweat, no sets, just pick a max-25%, brace up and lift. No more cleans.

For upper back, rows.

She does work up a sweat, but not weighted, just long walks with me on weekends either in the pennines when in the UK or in any hills around us when travelling.

on thing I would say is that keeping a good posture and a stron rear chain makes her both heavier and fuller in look.Most of her weight is subcutaneous so it sits ahead of the abs. Her posterior is fuller and shes pushed out hence her breasts and belly are carried forward.

With only 3 days a week and very passive working out with about 100 lbs on the bar, she has maintained a good resting heart rate and has no back ache despite closing in on being class ii obese
3 years

Gaining and lifting

Feedmesqueezeme:

MottiF:
that's really interesting. The gym and exercises did not stop the gain? In other words, how do you exercise and still keeping with gaining weight?

No I still eat a lot though! I’ve been going to the gym for nearly 2 years and I’ve put on around 40lbs. I’m not gaining very quickly but still eat like 2500-3500cals daily anyway

Growingboy88:
What kind of exercises do you do...core stuff?[/quote]

I do deadlifts, dumbbell work, goblet squats and some light cardio like step ups, plough etc
3 years

Gaining and lifting

Feedmesqueezeme:

The combination of muscle and big belly is just super hottttt!!!
3 years