General

Is having a fat fetish genetic?

I doubt it, really. I know I'm the only one is my family who even likes fat, not to mention becoming fat.
3 years

KingofJiggle:
I heard my dad mention foxy roxxie a few weeks ago and now I can't help but think that maybe having a fat fetish is genetic.

It's possible (likely, even) that one or more factors influencing a person's propensity for fat admiration is genetic, but it's unlikely that fat admiration is *primarily* genetically inherited.

I would posit that fat admiration is simply more common than we're led to believe, and that the fact that you and your dad both prefer larger bodies is more likely coincidental. Nice to have a common interest to discuss over dinner, though.
3 years

KingofJiggle:
I heard my dad mention foxy roxxie a few weeks ago and now I can't help but think that maybe having a fat fetish is genetic.

Potbelly84:
I've had this fetish since I was a teenager (as most people here). I never thought that my admiration for fat bodies could be shared my someone in my family, but then two my older brother have been married to very big women. One of them has been married twice, and both times to big women. So... That makes 3 brothers in my family (myself included).

That's wonderful! Again, I suspect coincidence, but that's irrelevant. What a great connection to have with your brothers.
3 years

It's been in my anecdotal experience that it is a mixture of genetics, environment and your own particular subculture. My father later in life told us he had fat fetishes but I never saw them coming up and he remarried and then passed on while my younger siblings were toddlers and they both grew up between two non Western countries and they both developed the same food and fat addictions so one never knows....
3 years

WideJuan76:
It's been in my anecdotal experience that it is a mixture of genetics, environment and your own particular subculture.

Well, quite. This is the case with most human characteristics. It is endlessly fascinating.
3 years

In all honesty, it's not genetic it's more so a source of comfort. If the father beds a thick wife, she gets wider with pregnancy, baby pounds are hard to shed. Kids grow up seeing a thick mother being happy, and it removes the negative stipulations. When i was younger if i was in church and i saw a boy had a fat Mama I'd slide over and start chatting him up about a whole bunch of not very Christian things♥ SSBBW/BBW's were my perfect vision of milf growing up. I wanted to be just like them. Fat and happy!
3 years

PlushSize:
In all honesty, it's not genetic it's more so a source of comfort. If the father beds a thick wife, she gets wider with pregnancy, baby pounds are hard to shed. Kids grow up seeing a thick mother being happy, and it removes the negative stipulations. When i was younger if i was in church and i saw a boy had a fat Mama I'd slide over and start chatting him up about a whole bunch of not very Christian things♥ SSBBW/BBW's were my perfect vision of milf growing up. I wanted to be just like them. Fat and happy!

I think similar case of comfort and endearment especially from a family dynamic. When you are around people with healthy self-esteem, love of self it does rub off. When you're fat but won't be a walking stereotype, or distance from those who see you as lesser than. Jovial fatties do attract more people, though its the downers and borderline small fats you may have to push aside.
3 years

I'm the only fat admirer/feeder in my family.
3 years

In my case, I doubt it. I physically resemble a number of my male relatives but I am the only one with this preference.
2 years

I don't know. It might be circumstantial, my parents are foodies and not skinny people. I know their not fat admirers like me.
2 years