Fat experiences

What was your most embarrassing moment in public?

Looking back, I conclude my most embarrassing moment as when a lady referred to me as an Oompah Loompa considering that not only was I overweight but very short for a guy (5'3).
2 years

Cookiemonster33:
Probably not fitting in one of the Harry Potter riders at universal studios Orlando. The bar couldn't latch and had me exit.

That happened to me a couple of times. Both at county fairs. A bit disheartening for me.
2 years

Oh man, this post was made for me.

One of my favorites was when I was in HS I was hanging out on the fishing docks with friends (when you live in a small town it's really all there is to do) and I used to be a lot more physically capable and was basically walking with my legs spread standing on the bars on either side of the walkway over to the dock when I slipped and ripped my tight jeans from the crotch all the way up my back seam. My butt was OUT and I had to tie my hoodie around my waist until my mom could pick me up. It was funny and traumatic at the same time.

Another one was the first time I was finally too fat for a roller coaster. This one made me sad because I LOVE coasters. Basically the bar wouldn't close over my breasts so I had to go to the handicapped seat at the front of the ride and had to wait a turn so all my friends were waiting at the exit for me and I had to ride alone... But I wasn't about to just skip riding after waiting in the sun for two hours to ride the ride.

And finally one that's happened more than once. Children will say simply "they're big" or "look mommy, she's big" and the parent will make it a big deal like the kid insulted me. Like they're just stating facts, you're the one making it weird...
2 years

When I was about 60lbs smaller than I am now I was boarding a flight where I had paid extra for an extra legroom seat so I could stretch my legs - it was a long international flight and I wanted to be comfortable. As soon as I was at my seat I asked for a belt extender and after going to check with her supervisor the flight attendant came back and told me I couldn't sit in the extra legroom seat if I needed a belt extender. The justification was that anyone that needed a belt extender wouldn't be able to assist staff to open the emergency exit if there was an emergency.

When I said I was more than capable of assisting in an emergency (which I was confident I could as I was, and still am, very mobile and adequately strong) they just repeated that anyone needing a belt extender could not be counted on to assist staff in an emergency and that it was part of the agreement when selecting the extra leg room seats.

I was made to move to another empty economy seat for the flight and I just did because by this point I didn't want to cause a scene. I was so embarrassed and upset. This was in front of an almost full internationl flight of people. It was one of the worst flgihts of my life because any time I needed to get out of my seat I felt like everyone was staring at me..
2 years

I think having a metal legged chair slowly collapse under my weight during a meeting. It was a classroom type chair. The legs bent very slowly outward over the course of an hour and at some point I was holding on to the table hoping no one would notice, of course they did notice because by that point I was pretty much on the floor! So much lower than everyone else. Quite embarrassing that everything stopped to get me a new chair, and of course there were hushed giggles and murmurs from the others there.
2 years

Would have loved to have been there to witness it babe... totally hot, what an embarrassing predicament for you hot stuff...
Hope somebody rushed to your aid straight away!
2 years

doublefrosted:
When I was about 60lbs smaller than I am now I was boarding a flight where I had paid extra for an extra legroom seat so I could stretch my legs - it was a long international flight and I wanted to be comfortable. As soon as I was at my seat I asked for a belt extender and after going to check with her supervisor the flight attendant came back and told me I couldn't sit in the extra legroom seat if I needed a belt extender. The justification was that anyone that needed a belt extender wouldn't be able to assist staff to open the emergency exit if there was an emergency.

When I said I was more than capable of assisting in an emergency (which I was confident I could as I was, and still am, very mobile and adequately strong) they just repeated that anyone needing a belt extender could not be counted on to assist staff in an emergency and that it was part of the agreement when selecting the extra leg room seats.

I was made to move to another empty economy seat for the flight and I just did because by this point I didn't want to cause a scene. I was so embarrassed and upset. This was in front of an almost full internationl flight of people. It was one of the worst flgihts of my life because any time I needed to get out of my seat I felt like everyone was staring at me..

I opted extra legroom also. But I brought my own belt extender on with me. I'm over six foot tall and even before when I thought I wasn't near as big as I am now. the belt ws like two inches from latching.
2 years

doublefrosted:

Since they forced you to move, I hope they reimbursed you for having paid extra.
2 years

BigFox:
I opted extra legroom also. But I brought my own belt extender on with me. I'm over six foot tall and even before when I thought I wasn't near as big as I am now. the belt ws like two inches from latching.

Maybe I need to look into that for myself...
2 years

chubbytummyfan:
Since they forced you to move, I hope they reimbursed you for having paid extra.

They didn't. I haven't flown anywhre with that airline since.
2 years
1234   loading