Fat experiences

Re-emerging into the world

So I have probably gained at least 50 pounds in the year we’ve been staying home because of the pandemic....

Now that I’m fully immunized and thinking about socializing again I find myself feel self conscious about how my old hook ups and friends and even kids will perceive my new morbidly obese weight.

I’ve bought some new clothes to motivate and excite me... help me feel confident...

And even tho I really love and feel good being fat and soft a part of me is anxious about how others will perceive the drastic change. I mean it’s not just that I’ve gotten heavier it’s that I have crossed that threshold into morbidly obese, I’m now officially in plus sizes, I can’t shop in the regular women’s department anymore... I’m fat FAT now... I’ve gotten SO wide and thick.

Is anyone else dealing with something similar? Feeling like I could use some reassurance and encouragement.
2 years

I put on about 30 or so during the pandemic. Although I'm not at my heaviest weight, I do think about life at a heavier weight. I travel a lot for my job. Airplane seats hurt and people are simply meaner. You get dirty looks (i.e. "there's the fat guy eating all the breakfast"smiley. I did try on my pre-pandemic clothes. They still fit, but barely. Squeezing down isles in a warehouse will be challenging again. And coworkers will give you that "holy shit you got fat!!!" look.

We are what we are. I like the fatter me. And while it was nice to be flirted with while thinner, I'd much rather be fatter. I like the look and feel. To hell with what others say. Get quality clothes. Keep your appearance professional and neat. Eighty percent of the population is over weight. Chances are good you are not the only one that got fatter over the last year. Challenge the spanx. Enjoy the gains. Rock on!
2 years

Screw what others think! You are a strong beautiful woman, own it,be proud of yourself and others will see nothing but your true self, a proud strong big beautiful woman. You may not know it but many many men would love to get to know the new, much improved, you. Now go out and show the world you are ready to take it on head first and anybody that doesn't like it, they had better step aside!
2 years

You are a knockout. Own it, feel every bit of how good it makes you feel when you’re out in the world just like at home. There are lots of us that drool over you from afar, don’t forget that.
2 years

i have gained 80 pounds in the last year and haven’t seen any old friends since last september. my weight gain then wasn’t really noticeable. now i have moved back to my hometown i’m gonna have to see them again and i’m sure they will be shocked to say the least.
2 years

EmilyW:
Nolan just tell them, "I know, I lost a bit of weight because of Covid, but I am trying to gain it back." and see how they would react then.
i wish it could be that simple. i wasn’t very fat ever yo begin with. sort of chubby as a kid, but in high school i slimmed right out. i was slim up until i left town for 7 months. i was gaining before then but nothing noticeable. then i really started to balloon up out of nowhere. in 7 months i must have gained 50 pounds alone. so there is going to be a very BIG noticeable difference when i see them again. i will really just be at a loss for words and so will they.
2 years

I definitely went through a similar situation. I’ve always struggled with eating disorder behaviors and would vacillate between dieting and gaining, and because I had so much downtime during the pandemic, my attempts to figure it out and start healing finally started yielding some progress. I learned about intuitive eating and started eating enough each day without restriction and I packed on the pounds fast. I haven’t weighed myself since I hit tier 2 obesity so I don’t know if I’m “morbidly obese” according to my BMI, but the first 30 pounds came on in about 3 months. I think what’s helped me the most is realizing and fully internalizing how ridiculous it is that people hate fat. I’ve been blessed to be surrounded by good friends who not only refrain from mean comments, but actually listen when I tell them all the reasons fatphobia is bs, how our thin-obsessed, diet-obsessed culture really just creates health issues instead of preventing them. I even inspired my roommate to throw out the scale, which is why I don’t know my current weight. I understand why it’s scary to be fat in our culture, the abuse fat people endure is unfair, cruel, destructive, and honestly baffling. Once I fully digested that there’s nothing wrong health-wise with being fat, I’m still hot as hell, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just ignorant and therefore their opinion is invalid, I had a lot more ease. Also, buying clothes you feel cute in is a definite must. Don’t hide from your friends, the sooner you rip off the band aid, the better! Odds are, they’re just gonna be excited to see you after a year plus of being away.
2 years