Lifestyle tips

Gaining confidence?

imfatnow:
i see so many confident girls on here. you seem so comfortable in your bodies. as i come to the realization that i'm probably not going to lose all this weight, i long for that. any tips on how to feel more sure of myself?

Based on the lovely pictures you've posted there is no reason the be self concious about your figure...but that said, our doubts about ourselves are rarely reasonable.

So we can hopefully provide more useful advice than "just do it," would you be willing to share more about why you don't feel confident?
2 years

Gaining confidence?

imfatnow:
i see so many confident girls on here. you seem so comfortable in your bodies. as i come to the realization that i'm probably not going to lose all this weight, i long for that. any tips on how to feel more sure of myself?

Not-a-woman, but a couple of thoughts anyway.

First, this is a pretty odd site, as I'm sure you know. If you are just looking to get comfortable in your larger skin and don't really feel fat as part of your sexuality there are a lot of other sites around the web where you will likely find more women (the reddit sub PlusSize is pretty good for that sort of support, for example).

Second, try focusing on the present, not the decisions that brought you here or what you should do in the future. Regularly look at your body (or feel your body), and remind yourself "This is what it is, right now." Just practice taking the judgement out of it, or thinking about what you or anyone else thinks you should look like. This is your body right now, love it as it is because it is the only body you've got!

Third, get used to giving yourself compliments. If you have to start with how cute your ears are, that is fine. But every day try to compliment your body in some way, and when you can in some new way. Some people like to do this naked in front of the mirror, but I think it doesn't really matter, so long as you do it.

And finally, use your body! Dance around the kitchen, dig a garden, go swimming. You have a perfectly good body that will enjoy doing things, and that enjoyment makes it easier to appreciate it smiley

Good luck!
2 years