General

Opinion on moles / beauty spots ?

Hey, i know this is quite a random question, but I was wondering, what do u think about moles/beauty spots on skin ?
I have tons of them and I'm kinda insecure about them, so, tell me honestly what do u think about them smiley
2 years

I don’t think about them much but if anything, I think they’re cute. I have a lot of them though so I’m probably a bit biased! People usually tell me mine are cute though, and they’re just a natural part of some people’s skin anyway. I don’t love every single one of mine but I accept them. I hope over time you’ll start to feel more comfortable with yours too, they’re not ugly and other people probably don’t notice them half as much as you’d expect.
2 years

I'm very much indifferent.
2 years

I'm indifferent towards them but do try and take note of thier size. I have two on my face (left side of nose and left side just above my mouth that according to others they are getting bigger so I'm planning to get them removed soonish
2 years

I have a lot of them and I'm also indifferent. I've never really thought about them.
2 years

biggirlsok:
I'm indifferent towards them but do try and take note of thier size. I have two on my face (left side of nose and left side just above my mouth that according to others they are getting bigger so I'm planning to get them removed soonish

Santiago:
Can they be removed?

Yeah might need a bit of plastic surgery (something I never thought I'd need) for the one on my nose though.

Also moles can sometimes be a sign of skin cancer (forgot the exact name) so something else to keep in mind.
2 years

Best to get moles that change looked at.
2 years

Even if you don’t notice a change, if you have a lot of them you should ideally go for mole mapping every 6-12 months. They take photos and use a microscope to monitor any changes. If that’s not possible (I admit I haven’t been in several years lol) try to take regular photos of all of your moles. Make sure you don’t miss any on your back.

I’ve had two moles removed and it’s a really quick process, it depends on the mole but mine took probably around 15 & 20 minutes, and one mole was quite big (and flat, similar to a birth mark). There are different types of removal surgeries but I believe I had the most common one. It’s not a pleasant sensation, think a blade scraping repeatedly on skin after having the top few layers of it removed 🤢, but it’s not particularly painful and again, super quick. I had stitches and I THINK that’s typical for that type of removal. Then they send your mole off to be tested and they let you know whether it was malignant or not. Better safe than sorry, honestly! I’m thinking of getting another removed because it’s a little suspicious looking and on a spot on my belly where I sometimes accidentally scratch or scrape it.

Anyway, moles are completely fine aesthetically but monitor them! And remember sunscreen - everyone should, but us especially 🙂
2 years