Fat experiences

Falling down as a fat guy

this weekend i helped a buddy move his stuff out of a storage locker... it was notable for a couple of reasons.

first, this friend used to be a gym buddy of mine and we had not seen each other since before the pandemic... suffice to say he was a little surprised by how much fatter i've become in that time!

this was also the most exercise and activity i've participated in a year (since i moved), and wow, did the extra weight ever make itself felt! i was quickly exhausted.

and finally, near the end of the move i slipped and all 340 lbs of myself fell on my fat ass. at first i thought i was more embarrassed than hurt, since i managed to get up (with some difficulty) and drive myself home. but after a few hours the soreness really set in. so much for ass fat providing a cushion.

the next day i was really stiff and sore (partly from all the lifting, not just the fall), and pretty much laid up. i have been in bed pretty much since then.

luckily my gal has taken pity on me and is bringing me meals (and treats in between meals) smiley

so my safety message for you fatties is: watch your step, don't fall down!
2 years

Luckily no one had you on facebook live or social media as it would be an instant meme.
Slip on shoes and grabbers have been a way to go to avoid falling.
2 years

NYCBellyBlimp:
Luckily no one had you on facebook live or social media as it would be an instant meme.
Slip on shoes and grabbers have been a way to go to avoid falling.

good point! i am lucky my buddy didn't have his phone out, lol! smiley

i have no excuse, i wasn't paying attention toward the end of the day. it was a stupid mistake on my part. i will like, although i have a hell of a bruise right now!
2 years

i have no excuse, i wasn't paying attention toward the end of the day. it was a stupid mistake on my part. i will like, although i have a hell of a bruise right now!

Also you were tired. Being out of shape and fatter probably had you more drained than you had realized, at which point you are clumsier, your reactions are slower, etc. Something to think about in the future, be a bit extra careful any time you've had to exert yourself for a while.
2 years

Edxl:
Also you were tired. Being out of shape and fatter probably had you more drained than you had realized, at which point you are clumsier, your reactions are slower, etc. Something to think about in the future, be a bit extra careful any time you've had to exert yourself for a while.

good points, and i think that is accurate.

after a week of being laid-up i don't think my stamina has increased much, lol, but i am up and about again. it seems like the bruise is going to take its time fading.

funny side effect of laying around all week - my t-shirts seem to be riding up my belly. hmmm, wonder why? smiley must have shrunk in the wash!
2 years

BHMZach:
The only thing keeping me from becoming a big blob at this point is my work which much keep me much more in shape than I realize cause it seems to me like you’re really our of shape! smiley

yeah, i initially got out of shape back when i stopped going to the gym, a few years ago...

but since the pandemic i have been working at home, and that has made me really, really out of shape - i totally underestimated how much exercise i got going to work.
2 years