Lifestyle tips

Jeans just won't stay up!

Help! Because of the shape that my fat has proportioned, I can't seem to keep my jeans or trousers up properly at all, even with a belt. My underbelly pushes them down, and my back kind of slopes down to my bum so the jeans just slide down all the time. Does anyone have any tips on where or how to best wear jeans when you're getting fatter?
2 years

Try a larger size seems the sensible approach.
2 years

Ditzy:
Try a larger size seems the sensible approach.

The problem I have there is that with a larger size, they don't fit me properly because they tend to just slip down my belly when I wear them over :/ it's really annoying. I might have to try and get specially fitted ones and see if that works.
2 years

Even with a belt they slip down?
Some larger guys wear suspenders so I guess that is an option too.
I guess it all depends on what shape your belly is.
You may have to go to a tailor and get fitted properly.
I hope you get the problem worked out.

I checked out your pics and you are built like a guy I dated a few years back and he wore jeans that had some stretch to them and they stayed up for him.
Most guys jeans have no stretch at all so no give I can see them sliding down.
2 years

I’m wearing my belt these days on the last loop :-) It’s gotta be below my basketball belly, too. I actually have the same issue with my pants wanting to fall because of that, as my belly is all “in front,” with only minimal love handles :-)

As for my wife, she hasn’t been able to do belts since the ‘90s :-) She’s been north of 300 pounds THAT long :-)
2 years

What I do is buy stretch trousers with a high waist (Usually KAM brand stretch jeans) and use a stretchy belt at about belly-button level. It does not look very stylish but does avoid the dropped trousers and is quite comfortable
2 years

I've got the same issue. Suspenders are the easy fix, just make sure you get some with the different styles of teeth. The ones that work well for my dress pants don't grip my jeans well.
2 years

There are pajama like soft jeans with elastic waist though has loops if you still want to appear to need a belt.
2 years

I have the same problem here. Flat ass plus big belly equals pants slipping down. Whenever possible I like to wear canvas belts with my jeans. They're not 100% but at least when you feel them starting to slip you can just pull them tighter.

I bought some suspenders the other day. I haven't worn suspenders in years. I'm going to try wearing them under my suit this weekend - we'll see how it goes.
2 years

I wear suspenders under my shirt with a belt. The suspenders have a hook that hooks on the bottom of the belt. The problem is that sometimes when I sit or bend over, my belly hangs over enough that it pushes the hook down and it comes off the belt.
2 years
12   loading