General

Metalheads unite!

the16th6 wrote:
nl54 wrote:
the16th6 wrote:
the old metal fans thread was deleted when someone deleted their profile *pokes said person in the side but then says it's ok i luv ya anyhow!*

So how'bout it-where are the other Death Metal Freaks, Heavy Metal Bikers, Power Metal Nerds, Progressive Metal Intellectuals, Black Metal Extremists, and Other Metalhead StereoTypes!!?!!
and hey even those of you who might only like 2 Iron Maiden songs, you can play too!

come on out and let your tastes shine!

I myself am mainly into DeathMetal, mostly early 90's stuff from Florida(/Buffalonians who moved to Florida...) & Sweden but i love just about all styles/eras of DeathMetal!!!

If You like early 90's Death/Black, you must check out Sweden's Necrophobic. Haunting, talented evil

indeed, The Nocturnal Silence is barbed wire on fire
excellent album-the ones after that kinda let me down though :[

I agree, that is their top album! But I do have to say that Bloodhymns has some outstanding songs also.
15 years

Metalheads unite!

Moonchild wrote:
fordguy18 wrote:
you have to love metallica, pantera, anthrax, megadeth, testament but at the same time appreciate death metal. and the system of a down, slipknot, disturbed, korn stuff? sorry but i need some music in my music.

I fixed your quote for you smiley

And I'm just throwing this out there...... German unholy trinity > US's big four. If Exodus or Overkill were considered big four that might sway my opinion, and they probably would have been if their debut albums hadn't been delayed.

Anyone diggin' the new Cynic as much as I am? I didn't like it at first
but not I can't stop listening.

Cynic is amazing. Love the complexity of their music. They very much remind me of Atheist, another phenomenal band. Piece Of Time is one of my favorite albums
15 years

Metalheads unite!

the16th6 wrote:
nl54 wrote:
Moonchild wrote:
fordguy18 wrote:
you have to love metallica, pantera, anthrax, megadeth, testament but at the same time appreciate death metal. and the system of a down, slipknot, disturbed, korn stuff? sorry but i need some music in my music.

I fixed your quote for you smiley

And I'm just throwing this out there...... German unholy trinity > US's big four. If Exodus or Overkill were considered big four that might sway my opinion, and they probably would have been if their debut albums hadn't been delayed.

Anyone diggin' the new Cynic as much as I am? I didn't like it at first
but not I can't stop listening.

Cynic is amazing. Love the complexity of their music. They very much remind me of Atheist, another phenomenal band. Piece Of Time is one of my favorite albums

ugh, *gag* Cynic
*controls the urge to be a total music jerk*

*ahem*
the first two Atheist albums are GREAT! the first album is on FIRE and will pierce you from ear drum to ear drum and leave a big gaping wound in yar cerebral cortex! class stuff

Go ahead, be a music jerk!! I am. Why don't you like Cynic? Is it based on a popular opinion or does the music itself just not evoke that certain fire of your abyss?
15 years

Metalheads unite!

Just got the new Absu album a few days ago. Sooo Awesome!! A bit more atmosphere this time around, but still killer black/thrash. Check it out!!
15 years

Metalheads unite!

[quote]Moonchild wrote:
So I'm listening to Omen right now because I haven't had a classic traditional heavy metal fix for a while, and in one song, "The Axeman," they sing "Bow down to the axeman," but at first it really sounded like "Bow down to the assman." Just thought that was appropriate for here. I'm totally an ass man. Also a breast man. And a belly man. Etc.

But mostly I don't want this thread to stay buried because it brings me lots of metallic joy.

Been getting real into sludge recently, among other doomy stuff, even though I don't really have a lot of experience with it. Baroness is probably my favorite. Listened to Made Out of Babies today, and it was really awesome, but I really can never judge an album after one listen.

Also, since I'm above all else an old school speed/thrash kind of guy, and I haven't checked out a new thrash band in almost a month (Hexen was the last one, and they're friggin awesome), I downloaded (I'll buy eventually) some Liege Lord. Not as thrashy as I was led to believe, but damn good.

By the way, on the 28th, Bonded by Blood, Exmortus, and Witchhaven are playing a FREE show at the Water Grill in Brooklyn. I'm probably gonna go. If anyone's in the area, Bonded by Blood and Exmortus are really awesome new thrash bands, especially Exmortus. Never heard Witchaven, but it's free, so they could be terrible and it would still be worth it.

www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood

Bonded by Blood/Exmortus/Witchaven
Saturday March 28, 2009 - 7:00 PM
The Water Grill
7026 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209

Listening to Witchaven's Myspace stuff now, it's at least competent blackened thrash.

Omen is great old metal! So many melodic riffs. You should also check out Stormwitch..amazingly underrated. For great blackened thrash check out Bewitched and Witchery!
15 years

Metalheads unite!

Starfeather wrote:
hamish wrote:
haha you called my bluff, i don't really listen to metal at all...the bands i just named are way too heavy for my tastes, i'm an RnB man myself, what is it about men screaming angrily that makes you guys enjoy such an awful racket?

DUDE..... You just wouldn't understand unless you've ever gotten laid while listening to Reign In Blood...........Or taken serious bong rips while listening to Master of Reality, man.
smiley
hahahah

I agree! I lost my virginity in junior high while listening to the self titled Deicide album. Luckily she was a metalhead smiley
15 years

Metalheads unite!

[quote]jesterrace632 wrote
so, is anyone else going to Maryland Death Fest? Asphyx, Mayhem, Marduk, Bolt Thrower, Atheist, Pestilence.... the list goes on and on[/q
uote]

I'd love to go! But here in WV, there aren't many people into that kind of music...don't want to go by myself smiley
15 years

Metalheads unite!

yea ive been into metal since i could hear a tune.
but am mostly doing this to see if my new profile works out....
its been coming up with someone elses username in the shoutbox.
lamb of god at soundwave AUS was insane!!
14 years

Metalheads unite!

six feet under and torture killer
14 years

Metalheads unite!

Starfeather wrote
Dudes, I'm going to see MARDUK on Wednesday with my brother! Just wanted to say how stoked I am!!!! I've wanted to see those bastards for a while.

Those Of The Unlight and Nightwing are my favorite Marduk Albums.
14 years
1234   loading