General

Do chubby guys just refuse to put themselves out there due to insecurity?

I still have little experience on dating, but for what I have seen, most fat people don't even think they can be attractive to someone, not despite, but because of their size.
The two guys I have gone on dates with, (both "relationships" were extremely short, not-strings-attached), were so surprised that I found that aspect of them desirable. Maybe during a longer relationship you could turn a shy and insecure big guy into someone more confident, but I don't know.

I'm not suprised this is the case, unfortunately. Outside of spaces like these, being even a little chubby is still mostly being sold as the worst thing ever no matter what. I feel like most people around me have not even imagined that someone can be fat AND happy with their body.

This is why I would recommend any fat admirer, no matter their bodytype, to try and make the first step when they can. I would not wait for a chubby dude to flirt with me.
1 year

Raboot The Admirer:
I still have little experience on dating, but for what I have seen, most fat people don't even think they can be attractive to someone, not despite, but because of their size.
The two guys I have gone on dates with, (both "relationships" were extremely short, not-strings-attached), were so surprised that I found that aspect of them desirable. Maybe during a longer relationship you could turn a shy and insecure big guy into someone more confident, but I don't know.

I'm not suprised this is the case, unfortunately. Outside of spaces like these, being even a little chubby is still mostly being sold as the worst thing ever no matter what. I feel like most people around me have not even imagined that someone can be fat AND happy with their body.

This is why I would recommend any fat admirer, no matter their bodytype, to try and make the first step when they can. I would not wait for a chubby dude to flirt with me.

I've been the pursuer in every relationship except for my current one. (It feels nice to be pursued for once.) And every single time, the guy was surprised I was giving him the time of day.
1 year

For me, it’s insecurity after numerous negative interactions. I would make accounts to try and appreciate my body and enjoy feedism. I was often met with creeps, or those who didn’t respect my boundaries. Being used for my slightly pudgy body, being an outlet to send unsolicited pictures to, being overshadowed and almost cast away by a community I held dear to my heart. I never knew why either.

I don’t plan on posting my body again anytime soon, all of my accounts surrounding it are long past inactive. There would be no support for a revival.

It’s insecurity after consistently feeling like you aren’t welcome, despite not knowing what you did.
1 year

Chunkadelicc:
For me, it’s insecurity after numerous negative interactions. I would make accounts to try and appreciate my body and enjoy feedism. I was often met with creeps, or those who didn’t respect my boundaries. Being used for my slightly pudgy body, being an outlet to send unsolicited pictures to, being overshadowed and almost cast away by a community I held dear to my heart. I never knew why either.

I don’t plan on posting my body again anytime soon, all of my accounts surrounding it are long past inactive. There would be no support for a revival.

It’s insecurity after consistently feeling like you aren’t welcome, despite not knowing what you did.

I'm sorry you went through that, love. You didn't deserve it at all.

I hope you don't let others destroy how you feel about yourself.
1 year
234   loading