Lifestyle tips

Lower back pain :(

Gaining friends: I’m over 400 now and the lower back pain is really bad. I can’t walk or stand more than 5 minutes. I have plenty of stamina and my legs or strong but my lower back is killing me!

Any advice on how to fix this? Anyone have any luck with particular exercises or techniques? Or have I finally gotten too fat?
2 years

ice at night to cure inflammation, heat in the morning to loosen things up. Do straight exercses like back extensions and deadlifts. But NO twisting exercises like russian twists. Take it easy when you have to.
2 years

Go to a chiropractor and see if your spine is subluxated.
Most everyone has a bit of a vertebra or a joint out of place.
2 years

mtnboy312:
ice at night to cure inflammation, heat in the morning to loosen things up. Do straight exercses like back extensions and deadlifts. But NO twisting exercises like russian twists. Take it easy when you have to.

this is really good advice - especially cooling and heating! that helps a lot.

i have gotten into some yoga (i am a total newb, though) and some core exercises for just this reason. i don't do them enough, but i notice when i do i sleep better. my back pain was keeping me awake at night, so that is a good sign.
2 years

Indeed, the downside of a growing belly and becoming fat in general is back pain. I use a heating pad to loosen things up and have a comfy memory foam mattress for good sleep. Wife and I combine for about 500 pounds on that thing each night :-)
2 years

I was getting back pain when I gained a bit and got over 300lbs. I started doing core exercises like goblet squats, and yoga stretches as it has helped a lot
2 years

Feedmesqueezeme:
I was getting back pain when I gained a bit and got over 300lbs. I started doing core exercises like goblet squats, and yoga stretches as it has helped a lot
Thanks for the tip smiley I find making myself walk for 20 minutes each day helps a lot (keeps the lower back muscles in good shape)
2 years