General

Struggling to breathe at night

It's probably sleep apnea. The same thing happens to me. I had a sleep study done and apparently, it doesn't happen often enough for me to need a CPAP, but it may be different for you.
2 years

CatgirlEva:
It's probably sleep apnea. The same thing happens to me. I had a sleep study done and apparently, it doesn't happen often enough for me to need a CPAP, but it may be different for you.

FatLover91:
I’m guessing sleep apnea is cause by my weight?

Yes, probably. I had surgery about 17 years ago but then it wasn’t my weight. I was very overweight according to the ENT doctor.

Curiously though, I was in the hospital two years ago because I couldn’t breathe, day or night. I felt like I had a python around my chest.

I lost weight and it lessened. I’m gaining again, and it’s happening more frequently. I’m under a lot of stress too, and I was two years ago.

Yours could be a combination of weight and stress.
2 years

It is indeed your decision with respect to a Doctor visit, but a sleep study could be very helpful in your case.
2 years

There is a related saying that came to mind...

All bleeding stops, eventually...

All health problems go away, eventually...
2 years

BRBBWadmirer:
It is indeed your decision with respect to a Doctor visit, but a sleep study could be very helpful in your case.

FatLover91:
I’ll never go to a doctor. I’m sure this issue will go away eventually.

sounds bout right coming from the dude who wishes to weigh well over 600 pounds n has no plan on how he's going to be taken care of....
2 years

Sleep apnea can kill you. It's unlikely but it does happen. If you're 26, and in the US that means you're probably still covered by your parents insurance if they have it, so you should probably go to a doctor and get a sleep study, and do it now before you have to figure out a way of paying for it yourself.

If you do need a CPAP, usually insurance will cover it.

Look at it this way, a CPAP will help you gain more weight.
2 years

John Smith:
Did the Obamacare in your country wasn't supposed to fulfill the same prospects?

Not really, all the ACA does is subsidize insurance for those making relatively little money, and assistance scales down as you earn more. It's a wonderful program relative to what it's like without it, but it's still 3 private health insurance companies stacked on top of each other in a trench coat making money off of you.
2 years