Fat experiences

Feeling more confident the more i gain

hey guys. just wanted to write about my feelings with my weight gain. maybe someone who was in my shoes a year ago can learn something. i moved out of town last year. i was also “taking the year off” after high school. long story short, i gained 90 pounds in a year. i wasn’t sure about it. before the weight gain, i was skinny. very insecure, and also got very anxious in public settings. now that i have gained and decided to rejoin society after hiding for a year 😅, i seemed to have dropped both those traits. in public settings i would just accept the fact that there is nothing to hide anymore. i have come to terms with my body and love the shape i have taken. i just didn’t care anymore. didn’t care what other people thought about me. what i was wearing, how i looked, how they perceived me. i was fat. so what? i quickly regained all the confidence i lost when i was skinny in my hometown. i did pay a visit to some old friends from that hometown. they didn’t say anything about my very apparent weight gain, and new shape. there is no way they didn’t notice. i can assure you that. something i would have found to be a nightmare a year ago, (me thinking people look down on me for my image or just all around being insecure) was not a problem. not once did it pop into my head that i was anxious or worried. i was fat. what were they gonna do about it. i have just been more confident since i gained. i thought i would share my liberating weight gain experience. i thought this was just a fetish for me, but it turns out it has helped my social anxiety and confidence in a way i never thought it would. i wouldn’t lose a pound for anybody, i am happy. has anyone had an experience like mine?
2 years

I hated being fat all my life. I dieted and exercised and stressed over it. My weight and attitude yo-yo’d. I was attracted to fat guys for the longest time and realized that there’s too many good looking fat guys around for there to be anything wrong with it. I also realized I was never going to get a bodybuilder’s or athlete’s physique, nor did I really want to work out that hard anymore. I like being fat because I have some size and feel more confident. I like what I see in the mirror.
2 years

I haven't had the same experience as you guys, but since I have been gaining, which for me being old is so easy, I have found that being old, it is far more socially acceptable to be overweight/obese/fat as an older adult. I wasn't happy when I was an overweight (husky) adolescent. I always wanted to be slimmer. I gained more in college, then lost a lot of weight after college and was able to stay in shape (I was in the military reserves for 25 yrs.) until I retired from the reserves several years ago. I love having my growing belly (48" waist) though I'm still pretty active. Just some thoughts from an older perspective.
2 years

I'm also older. Although I'm not "big" yet, the 30lbs I've already put on have made a huge difference in my confidence. Having been thin most of my life, this change, and change of mind, has been fantastic.
2 years