Gaining

Maintaining you weight once you reach your goal

For those people who want to reach their goal and maintain that goal, did you find it easy to hover around your goal or were you not able to stay at it and found yourself going up no matter what you did?

How easy is it to reach your goal, and stay around your goal -/+10?

Or once you start going up, you will always be going up, it is just a matter or how quickly?
2 years

CuriousAmy13:
For those people who want to reach their goal and maintain that goal, did you find it easy to hover around your goal or were you not able to stay at it and found yourself going up no matter what you did?

Or once you start going up, you will always be going up, it is just a matter or how quickly?

I have no hard data, but it seems to me the people who can't stop are usually those who, once a week or more, stuff themselves to the point they can't take a deep breath. They get addicted to that feeling and can't quit.

Most people can quit, but they often can't stop on a dime...they'll gain another ten or twenty pounds after they start cutting back. So if you do end up gaining a bit more than you plan, don't stress about it...it's par for the course.
2 years

CuriousAmy13:

When I starting gaining I was about 215 lbs. My weight went up and down from 215 to 230 for a while. And then it did the same thing between 230 and 240. But after 240 I stopped loosing weight and I began gaining without trying. Now at 260 lbs I have to watch how much I eat to keep from gaining more weight. If I eat rather healthy with small portions I stay right around 260 give or take a few pounds. And I never eat until I'm full. But if I eat until I'm full I get really bloated and I quickly gain weight.

I think it would take a radical change and a monumental effort to loose weight now. And I'm pretty sure unless I kept that up I would gain it all back in no time. So I think there's a certain weight that you reach that's different in each person and after that you are pretty much fat for life. Time is also a factor because it takes time for your body to change.
2 years