General

Too rude people on this site...

fatadmirer2021:
I been on here over a year, and I am not really impressed with the site. Tried Feabie and even worse. I try to be myself and its like people just about themselves and not take an interest in just having a conversation with me. Thinking of deleting my profile and go away again for a few months or even a couple of years and then maybe come back and see if its improved. Can't believe in this day and age people do not want to have one on one conversations anymore and kill some time in a positive way. I even paid for one month the full month price for premium membership and not much of an improvement. Too bad I cannot find some like minded people out there that like to just sit and conversate for a simple couple of hours on whatever is on their mind or open about their fantasies. I guess I become too old fashioned.

ok, i looked at your profile and your activity on the site... and i will throw in my two cents for what it is worth.

any place (online community or otherwise) will give you what you put into it.

if you want to be casually interactive, not invest too much, don't expect much in return.

i have made real friendships and real connections here. but it takes time, and you know, you actually have to meet people on their terms and give them a little rope, too.

if you want to come back in a couple years, i don't think you'll have any better luck - it's not the site, it's not the community that is going to change.

look to your own approach - what are you trying to get out of it. if you want to be an anonymous person who post impersonal pictures of food, you're not going to connect with anyone that way, now or in the future.
2 years

Idk, I already met some great people in this community. *shrug*
2 years

fatadmirer2021:
I been on here over a year, and I am not really impressed with the site. Tried Feabie and even worse. I try to be myself and its like people just about themselves and not take an interest in just having a conversation with me. Thinking of deleting my profile and go away again for a few months or even a couple of years and then maybe come back and see if its improved. Can't believe in this day and age people do not want to have one on one conversations anymore and kill some time in a positive way. I even paid for one month the full month price for premium membership and not much of an improvement. Too bad I cannot find some like minded people out there that like to just sit and conversate for a simple couple of hours on whatever is on their mind or open about their fantasies. I guess I become too old fashioned.

Maybe your sense of entitlement is what is driving people away?

I get bombarded with messages. I rarely ever respond to them because there are just toooo many.

But I do observe the forums and see how people navigate on them and when someone catches my attention with interesting perspectives that they share I tend to reach out to them…

Without any expectation that they respond!

Sometimes people do and sometimes they don’t!

@Canuck would be a perfect example! He shares his experiences in really authentic ways and contributes his own interesting perspectives! We don’t interact a lot but when we do I always enjoy it!

There’s a book called The Four Agreements, I’d highly recommend it.
2 years

You generally get what you put into public sites like this.
Random food pics are kind of hard to relate to a person so maybe a face pic would help.
The saying its nice to match a face to a personality does have merit.
I have been here 13 years or so and have made some friends from here and other fat related sites.
2 years

Despite being more of a personal complaint than a forum topic ... I am going to leave the thread up as there are valid suggestions offered in response.

That said ... I am going to throw in my two cents as well.

I have been on this site for two years and met a lot of amazing people / had a lot of amazing conversations both about feedersim and outside of it. Many of them I interact with via the chat room (open chatting, not private) and the forum.

In full agreement with the other replies, you get out of this site what you put into it.

Spend time in the chatroom talking out in the open, you will meet lots of good people throughout the day who are here to get to know others vs just looking to be fed/feed or RP. Spend time on the forum interacting with others. Spend time commenting on photos and videos from those that are active when it comes to both. And yes, work on your own profile, share some content regularly (even if it is just good food with good captions), and participate in chat and on the forums.

People aren't just going to come to you. You need to be active so they are aware of you / what you are looking for and take the time to interact with those that are active regularly so you can build friendships and conversation partners.
2 years

fatadmirer2021:

EIIe:
Maybe your sense of entitlement is what is driving people away?

I get bombarded with messages. I rarely ever respond to them because there are just toooo many.

But I do observe the forums and see how people navigate on them and when someone catches my attention with interesting perspectives that they share I tend to reach out to them…

Without any expectation that they respond!

Sometimes people do and sometimes they don’t!

@Canuck would be a perfect example! He shares his experiences in really authentic ways and contributes his own interesting perspectives! We don’t interact a lot but when we do I always enjoy it!

There’s a book called The Four Agreements, I’d highly recommend it.

I cannot agree more with this! Personally, I don't have any pictures on here whatsoever, but I tend to be active in the forums and within the shouts section, which, along with having a lot of conversation starting topics on my profile, has led to many people reaching out to me that have formed nice conversations, etc.

It's definitely, absolutely, about you getting what you put into when it comes to these things. Best of luck, OP! I hope the advice people have given has been helpful.
2 years

Just_Jess_81:
Despite being more of a personal complaint than a forum topic ... I am going to leave the thread up as there are valid suggestions offered in response.

That said ... I am going to throw in my two cents as well.

I have been on this site for two years and met a lot of amazing people / had a lot of amazing conversations both about feedersim and outside of it. Many of them I interact with via the chat room (open chatting, not private) and the forum.

In full agreement with the other replies, you get out of this site what you put into it.

Spend time in the chatroom talking out in the open, you will meet lots of good people throughout the day who are here to get to know others vs just looking to be fed/feed or RP. Spend time on the forum interacting with others. Spend time commenting on photos and videos from those that are active when it comes to both. And yes, work on your own profile, share some content regularly (even if it is just good food with good captions), and participate in chat and on the forums.

People aren't just going to come to you. You need to be active so they are aware of you / what you are looking for and take the time to interact with those that are active regularly so you can build friendships and conversation partners.

Well-put and written, Jess. The chat is a nice place because of the people who post in it. Best people anywhere!
2 years

The chat area is fine for the most part but there are some real jerks in there too just like you find in real life.
If I run into one of them in the chat room I just leave and come back later because I don't have the time to argue with people.
2 years

While I have been either rejected or ignored a ton on this site, I can’t say as though anyone has been flat out rude to me. I just know I am extremely thankful when someone does reject me that they bother to reply and be polite when doing so
2 years

I think being ignored in chat is pretty common.
I know I have gone in there and had no one respond.
The main thing is don't take it too personal because you can't force people to chat with you.
2 years
123   loading