Gaining

How do i consistently gain visceral fat

SAT is nice and all but my intention is to get a nice and firm beer belly. I know the health risks related to visceral obesity but it's what I want to do. Is there a specific diet or routine I should do to gain exclusively VAT?
2 years

I have a 48" firm, round belly which of course is visceral fat. I don't know why I have only visceral fat and not "sub", though genetics does play a roll, good luck.

Check out my profile to see what you're in for.
2 years

Eat lots of junk food and drink lots of soda. That’s what I do and I’ve been gaining visceral fat.
2 years

becomingoverweight:
I'd have to recommend ditching the soda as well because sugar, especially fructose, causes a lot of visceral gains. Keep up the cardio though, that's great for burning visceral fat. Based on my research, the following advice should help one gain primarily subcutaneous fat.

"I suggest overeating foods with high amounts of the long chain saturated fatty acids palmitic and stearic acid as these fats help reduce visceral fat. Dairy fat and cacao butter have lots of them so they're good for gaining primarily subcutaneous fat. Lots of gainers like using heavy cream to gain. Omega-6 fatty acids(linoleic acid(most of soybean oil)) interfere with that beneficial effect and cause visceral fat gains so I recommend minimizing that. Alcohol and sugar(especially fructose) cause visceral fat gains too so only have them in moderation. If you have carbs, try to opt for whole over refined. The fiber helps lower visceral gains.

Here is a thread I made with loads of scientific studies on fat's effects on health and how to affect fat distribution:
Compendium of Fat Studies"

Good luck losing VAT and gaining SAT!

Oh and to the OP, overeating fructose while binging on alcohol(as opposed to spreading out your consumption more) is a great way to gain visceral fat.

Heh, most of that was for the other guy but I appreciate the tip, I'm not a drinker and don't plan to be one, why does alcohol help and is there another substitute? also what are good sources of high amounts of fructose?
2 years

BouttoBurst:
I have a lot of visceral fat for a female. My diet consists mostly of carbs and cheese. I consistently stuff with pizza, veggie burgers, and lots of Dr. Pepper. I find that it keeps my belly firm and globe like.

first off, your belly is amazing, exactly what I want to end up like. secondly I had read things like cheese and dairy end up as SAT, do genetics play a bigger role I thought or should I just eat more things like Pizza
2 years

fanedfox:
I have a 48" firm, round belly which of course is visceral fat. I don't know why I have only visceral fat and not "sub", though genetics does play a roll, good luck.

Check out my profile to see what you're in for.

yeah thats the goal right there. good stuff.
2 years