Fat experiences

What does it feel like?

I could have written an almost identical post. Not fitting places like chairs has been the most alarming. Even worse, after 350, I not only didn’t fit, I risked breaking anything I say on. At 415, I’m a walking wrecking ball. It makes new waiting rooms scary. Going to a new doctor’s office or hunting for apartments means eyeing the chairs and hoping I’ll fit and not break anything.
2 years

What does it feel like?

I'm about the same height as you, but my thinnest adult weight was 170 lbs, so I wasn't ever exactly thin, but at that weight I played soccer and floor hockey quite hard and went for runs fairly happily.

At 190 I hadn't really noticed a change at first, then I saw a picture from a party where I was sitting down, and I had a pretty visible gut. When I tried to get back into running it was never anything but an uncomfortable slog.

At 210 I played some casual floor hockey, and certainly noticed that I didn't have the agility or acceleration of the thinner guys, and needed regular breaks. But I didn't really feel much different at other times (although I'd switched from running to biking, so I don't know how runs would have been)

By 220 I had to give up my road bike (drop handle-bars) for a hybrid bike with a more upright seating position, because my gut was getting in the way when I was all hunched over. Occasionally I'd feel fat vibrate if driving over a rough road. I still didn't feel particularly fat most of the time, although pictures were noticeably saying that my face had really filled out.

Above that things changed quickly.
- By 225 I really noticed a challenge in tying up shoes or skates (belly in the way), and feeling more jiggle and belly really noticeable. Thigh rub in hot weather became an issue
- By 230 a lot of my size 42" waist trousers and shorts were uncomfortably tight when sitting down, and not many places carry sizes larger than that. More jiggle just going up and down stairs. Noticing my arm pushing against the fat roll across my side ('side boob' sort of thing), noticing that looking straight down was hard because double chin getting in the way, getting a lot of under moob sweat in hot weather. Noticed that my walking had slowed down to below the average person when walking to get somewhere. Started getting more stains on my t-shirts/shirts because my belly kept me slightly farther from the table, and any food that slipped off my fork or spoon landed on my belly.
- By 235 moobs were resting on belly when sitting (leaving a red line at the crease when I'd straighten up), and belly on thighs. General sensation of always rubbing against myself. Getting on shoes could get me out of breath. Noticed my fat pad really thickening up, making a noticeable change in how things looked. Found hot days a lot harder to handle. Notice belly against legs when going up stairs, and belly swaying when going down stairs
- At 240 (the heaviest I've hit), could really feel the belly sway when walking. XL shirts were clearly too tight. Could feel arm fat jiggling while brushing my teeth, and neck fat jiggling if I vigorously shook my head. Getting up off the floor was getting to be a real chore. Noticed it was harder to reach a lot of things because my belly was keeping me further away, and noticed my belly in the way of my usual arm position when using the computer, but on the other hand how I could prop things on my belly. Noticed how automatically I wanted to sit down anytime that I was standing. Began to feel somewhat awkward and lumbering in every day situations. Started snoring more.

I hope that gives you some idea of the experiences, at least from one person's point of view.
2 years

What does it feel like?

that is very hot
2 years