Story authors

Link to da bbw stories

Wanted to share my work on here, see if maybe I can get more feedback. Will try to simultaneous post on here, was just worried about the character limit on story posts on here.

deviantart.com/vallum-the-fa
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

The character limit is there to help authors divide their stories into chapters. Chapters make the stories easier to read, because they can be read in small chunks. It's easy to remember where you got up to.

The chapter limit is 10,000 characters, which is generally the upper character limit of most short stories. If you have a longer story then you can use chapters and there's no limit on the number of chapters you can have.
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

hiccupx:
The character limit is there to help authors divide their stories into chapters. Chapters make the stories easier to read, because they can be read in small chunks. It's easy to remember where you got up to.

The chapter limit is 10,000 characters, which is generally the upper character limit of most short stories. If you have a longer story then you can use chapters and there's no limit on the number of chapters you can have.

Yes, but that’s a low limit and and artificial threshold. If i have a thematically coherent chapter that’s, say 15,800 characters (very common for my stories), not only does the FF system break it into two, it forces chapter numbering onto what thematically is _one_ chapter. As an author i am totally NOT good with a system forcing a maximum chapter length on me—especially one lower than the length of chapters of many professional authors in actual printed and e-books.

I didn’t save the exact link, but a few years ago Wikipedia had an article listing short stories as being
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

OK, FF site just threw away the second half of my well thought out, carefully composed message, and i was well under the character limit.

I truly give up.

FF was always home to me in this community. I have deep, deep respect for Hiccupx, C00kie, and everyone else who keeps this site going, including fellow members.

The bugs and feature constraints here are getting to me.

The lack of italics, bold etc. is a show-stopper for me publishing my stories here.

I made several other good points, but they’re lost to the ether now.
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

Jiggle Junkie:
OK, FF site just threw away the second half of my well thought out, carefully composed message, and i was well under the character limit.

I truly give up.

FF was always home to me in this community. I have deep, deep respect for Hiccupx, C00kie, and everyone else who keeps this site going, including fellow members.

The bugs and feature constraints here are getting to me.

The lack of italics, bold etc. is a show-stopper for me publishing my stories here.

I made several other good points, but they’re lost to the ether now.

Yeah really, you got screwed. That lunatic "John Smith" posts nine paragraph essays no problem but you got cut off after THAT?
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

Emily,

I for one hope you find a way to share your stories without the mechanics of posting sucking all the fun out. Your stories are the best in WG fiction right now. Please don’t let your talent get squashed by arbitrary posting limits designed to force people into premium memberships. Save the squashing for… well, you get it.
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

Well just let me say, you are amazing. The stories and your wit are fantastic.

I look forward to your stories, if we were of the same generation I am sure you would be my dream girl.

Best of luck and I continue to await your latest literary efforts!
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

I have the opposite end of the problem. Instead of type out the story on Word and pray to Magus it's under the 10K word limit, I wrote specifically on the site so I know exactly how many characters are left. The problem is if you have a bad internet connection, as soon as you hit publish and it doesnt...you just lost your 10K words you worked hard on
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

Have to agree that 10k is short for a chapter in a novella 16.5-18 would be more normal in English literature. Names, punctuation etc are included and hence grammar suffers under such a low limit not to mention the paramount issue of flow.
2 years

Link to da bbw stories

Oh
My
2 years
12   loading