Story authors

Authors - update your stories with the new search tags

We've just uploaded a major improvement to the stories section that will greatly improve the searching capability, making it much easier for people to find the stories their after. It's based on the story categories we've been woking on with members in another forum thread you may have seen fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts.

When you create new stories, you can now tag them with with these new search categories, which will make it much easier for your stories to be found in the future.

However, none of the existing stories have these categories, so unless you update them they will be much more difficult for your readers to find.

To update the search tags on your existing stories, go to 'my stories' and edit each story in turn (when you get to the story edit page, click the pink rond edit icon and select the most appropriate categories for your story).

Once all your stories have been updated, please let us know below and we'll mark them off in the admin section as having been done.
2 years

My one (posted on FF) story has been updated, so mark me off.

Nice improvements, but the final categories and tags which offer a range of limited options (without Other) are still too confining for what i do. Updated as best i could with the options allowed.
2 years

Thanks for updating. I've marked off you story.
2 years

I'm working on updating, but I have over one hundred stories posted here, so it's going to take me some time.
2 years

Wow that's a lot of stories. Sounds like it will take a bit of effort, but it will make the searching much more comprehensive.

It will enable members to be able to find the stories their interested in much more easily, including older stories which are just as relevent now. We have an archive of nearly 5,000 stories and members should be able to dig stories out even if they were posted 10 years ago.

We've got moderators and members working on updating the archive, but if as many authors as possible can update their own stories this should cut down the work load considerably. Many hands make light work.

Thanks for your help on this.
2 years

You're welcome.
2 years

I love the changes, but please help means other writers with a set of instructions n how to update. I can’t seem to access it or maybe I don’t remember. I will definitely update soon. Thanks for all you do.

hiccupx:
We've just uploaded a major improvement to the stories section that will greatly improve the searching capability, making it much easier for people to find the stories their after. It's based on the story categories we've been woking on with members in another forum thread you may have seen fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts.

When you create new stories, you can now tag them with with these new search categories, which will make it much easier for your stories to be found in the future.

However, none of the existing stories have these categories, so unless you update them they will be much more difficult for your readers to find.

To update the search tags on your existing stories, go to 'my stories' and edit each story in turn (when you get to the story edit page, click the pink rond edit icon and select the most appropriate categories for your story).

Once all your stories have been updated, please let us know below and we'll mark them off in the admin section as having been done.
2 years

Here's how to tag your stories in bullet points (which I hope is easier):

* Go to 'my stories' page (fantasyfeeder.com/stories/my)
* Click 'Edit' for the story you wish to tag
* On the edit story page, click the pen icon (there are two pen icons, so click the one on the left hand side)
* You should now see a form with drop down boxes for different categories such as Genra, Gender, Sexual Orientation etc. Choose the options that relate to your story and save the form
* Repeat for all your stories
2 years

Ah, that’s why everyone is bumping their stories.
2 years

Is there a set date for when these updates will end? It’s kinda ruined searching for updated stories with actual new chapters/content which is primarily how I search the story database. Glad to have the new tags of course though.
2 years
123   loading