Gaining

At what weight do most people become immobile?

So I was hoping for a general consensus of at what weight people become immobile generally. I know there’s a lot of variables like exercise and height. I want to be pretty big but I also want to be as mobile as possible so I was wondering if my goal 300-400 pounds for my 5’10 height is reasonable. I don’t mind if certain fat issues arise, like taking up two seats on a bus, which sounds pretty awesome actually, I just want to be able to go on extended walks while also being a big pillow for my girlfriend. If on the off chance, I could be bigger without fear, than I want to go for it. Thanks!
2 years

Thanks for the reply! I’m of course expecting over a hundred extra pounds to affect my mobility somewhat, but as long as I can do things and still be somewhat active, that’s fine with me!
2 years

Too many variables to suggest a defined number.
2 years

Already been said but: too many variables.

To state the obvious, immobility is when your muscular strength is not sufficient to move your body. A 6’4 power lifter can easily walk around at over 650lbs, a sedentary higher body fat person at 5’2 would likely need a walker at the same weight.

To put a floor on it, there are very few people of normal height who are fully
Immobile below 550lbs. Most known patients who need intervention due to bariatric issues are over 650lbs. Cut out of home size is usually above 700lbs, but again, the margin of error is very wide.
2 years

I remember something I saw on tv where a guy who was average height and a bit over 300 injured his knee. Because of the slow recovery and inability to get any real exercise by walking he ended up gaining a lot more weight in a pretty short period of time which greatly affected his mobility. I'm not sure how things turned out in the end for him.

I'd be inclined to say that even a fairly mobile person over three hundred pounds would be at much greater risk of loss of mobility when compared to people who are not so obese. It seems fair to say that the risk of becoming immobile increases quite a bit as your weight goes up even if you are presently mobile at those higher weights.

Considering I'm 5'7" and planning on 350-375 I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences with this.
2 years

John Smith:
He specifically asked about obesity related mobility hindrance, not about thin people growing immobile due to their slackness.

Um maybe I’m being too skittish but if you’re using he to refer to me, that would be wrong, I’m a woman, I go by she. If you’re not referring to me, please disregard this, thank you!
2 years