Lifestyle tips

Breakfast or no breakfast?

Well it increases the hunger which will lead to over eating aka works for some.
2 years

I'd say just follow preference and don't worry about it either way. Skipping breakfast can make it easier to eat more later in the day, so it won't necessarily mean less overall food or calories.

As further proof, most American adults, probably at least 90% don't eat breakfast regularly, if at all. It's not hard to see why.

Somehow, you drag yourself out of bed at 6AM, maybe earlier. Need to get to work by 8AM or so. Commute time can be half an hour, or even an hour. If you have kids, you need to get them to school too. So how exactly are you supposed to have time to eat breakfast? You don't. You do however, drink multiple cups of strong coffee because you need the caffeine to get your ass into gear.

As an alternative thought, an idea might be to have what's basically a heavy cream latte with sugar, that you drink in place of one of your cups of coffee. The recipe:

- 6 teaspoons (1 fluid ounce) of white sugar, which you add first.
- Pour enough steaming hot coffee to fill it up to the 8 fl. oz mark. Do not use cold coffee and then warm up the mixture in the microwave, because this will make a mess.
- Add one cup of heavy cream on top. It should mix almost instantly.

Since you wouldn't have eaten anything, you should be able to consume it quickly. It would also be around 900 calories and in my opinion, tastes pretty good too.

You may find yourself not needing or even wanting to eat for the next couple hours or so. But since we're talking about so-called breakfast time, odds are you may not be eating anything for the next couple hours anyway. Either way, by 9AM or whatever, you should be ready for doughnuts or other pastries and snacks, which you could perhaps graze on until lunch.
2 years

jollyguts:
I've heard that skipping breakfast is a great way to get fat... but that's missed calories. Doesn't make too much sense to me.

I've heard that sumo wrestlers in training (i.e. gaining weight) skip breakfast, exercise, then eat a huge meal. Personally I eat a large breakfast treating it as another opportunity to eat more calories, fat, carbs, etc.
2 years