Fat experiences

After achieving your goal weight

One thing on my mind lately is what happens after I reach my goal weight. I feel like once I reach it ide get bored of being at the weight. Gaining more I feel would be too much, and on the other spectrum losing it would be disappointing. What was yalls experience with this?
2 years

YumiestCookie:
For one thing, this is supposing that you'd be able to lose the extra weight... which is far from certain.

Also, by then you'll have gotten used to being fat and most likely will have gained new habits (walking less, sitting more, overeating at most meals, going for less healthy foods than before...) so I think you'll be more likely to gain more weight, whether you want it or not.

But you know what they say, right? "Once you go fat you never go back." ;-)

this was my experience... i posted elsewhere on "the point of no return" where i couldn't even lose the weight when i tried, and i was just gaining involuntarily.

looking back though, i am in the happiest place i have ever been, so no regrets yet!
2 years

Well, I find the goals just keep going up as you reach them, or sometimes even before. I started gaining at a slim 180 at 6’5 and had a goal of 235, but it’s never been enough. As I reach my goals and adjust to them, the weight never seems as big, and as I adjust to the new higher weights, I realize I can handle more.

Sometimes I do wonder if it spirals out of control. I’m 340 now, targeting 360 to double my starting weight, but already thinking of going even higher.
2 years

Some people do reach a weight they're comfortable with and stop there. But they usually find other things they want to do. If all you have in your life is weight-gain I suspect it'll never be enough.
2 years

I’m fairly slow but I’ve just adjusted up my goals when I’ve hit them. There’s still hard limits I know I have for mobility and ability to do activities i like; like working on cars.
2 years

It’s a satisfying feeling reaching any goal when gaining. For me, it’s taken a while getting to 200. Want to keep growing, though :-)
2 years

I never really set a goal weight as I'm not intentionally gaining. I did hit my "this is as big as I want to be" weight ten pounds ago lol. I'm not going to try to get back to that weight, I'm just currently happy with "I never thought I'd be this big".
2 years

I’ve had goal weights change over the 14 years I’ve been purposely gaining. Got to a point where I was big enough in 2019. Then covid hit & I easily packed on another 10 pounds in 3 months without even trying. Gained another 5 having the “oh well I’ll loose it later” attitude. I had never been close to 160 in my life. I started feeling too big & had some acid reflux issues so I got back down to just above my goal (148, goal was 145). Now I’m back eating dessert everyday. I’m sure I’ll gain some back which is fine… but I don’t want to get out of hand again. I’m 5’4. I started at 107. I like the level of thickness I have.
2 years

It was pretty simple for me. I put on 50 pounds and was satisfied with my weight. I went from 115 to about 168, and moved my goal weight several times prior to this point. I switched from actively gaining weight to just enjoying food.

I realize that I am nowhere near as big as most people talking about this. But I'm just maintaining at this point. I eat enough not to lose the weight, but I work out enough to to pile more on. It works for me.
2 years

I usually hovered around 150-155 lbs and when I feel stress I lose my appetite and lose weight. After my my divorce I was at the doctors office for a check up and felt like my pants were really loose and I was 126 lbs at 5’9”. I knew then that it wasn’t healthy and I have to do something about it.

I was going 10 lbs increments and I wanted to get to 170 lbs I thought that that was a nice weight to not look skinny. I still wasn’t happy at that weight and I wanted to push the limit to see if I can just get slightly over weight to see how that felt.

I feel better.y goal was 185 lbs and I quickly got to that goal. At 185 lbs my gf said that it looks good on me and she said put on 10 lbs. I decided that my goal is 200 lbs. Ill see how I feel at that weight.
2 years
12   loading