General

What languages do you speak?

Interesting question.
I speak English as a first language, Hebrew as a second language, curse in Arabic.
Used to think in Hebrew but that has not happened in years. I find Hebrew to be much more exacting and a richer language.
2 years

English
French
Farci(barely)
Dutch (barely)
Italian (barely)
2 years

Fatgirl1:
Interesting question.
I speak English as a first language, Hebrew as a second language, curse in Arabic.
Used to think in Hebrew but that has not happened in years. I find Hebrew to be much more exacting and a richer language.

Modern Hebrew is exacting by design. I have friends who after 6months ulpan can easily get around. One of the issues with english is that things get long winded due to structure.

Funny you say curse in arabic, I still use sharmuta whenever I drop something heavy on my foot.
2 years

Fatgirl1:
Interesting question.

LondonFA:
Modern Hebrew is exacting by design. I have friends who after 6months ulpan can easily get around. One of the issues with english is that things get long winded due to structure.

Funny you say curse in arabic, I still use sharmuta whenever I drop something heavy on my foot.

John Smith:
The reason why Arabic speaking racists avoid to curse me when I am around. I berated and stared down at a Middle Eastern cashier once for calling me the N-word and other many things in her native language, believing I was not understanding what she was mumbling on my face. I has been raised by a mother who knows how to speak various Arabic idioms since her childhood, grew up and attended a multicultural secondary school, live in a neighborhood where the predominant black immigrant population gets progressively swooped off by Muslims of North African and Near Eastern descent, and freaking speak Swahili-- a speech that has been influenced by multiple Afroasiatic languages (Cushitic languages, ancient Egyptian, Coptic, Ethiosemitic languages, Arabic and pre-Islamic South Arabian languages) over the past twenty-plus centuries! 🤦🏾‍♂️

You can find the story about it on the two-years old topic "weight gain in ramadan".

Forgot you live in french canada where they have visas for people from french speaking countries which includes the maghreb.
2 years

English and Bullshit
2 years

John Smith:
The reason why Arabic speaking racists avoid to curse me when I am around. I berated and stared down at a Middle Eastern cashier once for calling me the N-word and other many things in her native language, believing I was not understanding what she was mumbling on my face. I has been raised by a mother who knows how to speak various Arabic idioms since her childhood, grew up and attended a multicultural secondary school, live in a neighborhood where the predominant black immigrant population gets progressively swooped off by Muslims of North African and Near Eastern descent, and freaking speak Swahili-- a speech that has been influenced by multiple Afroasiatic languages (Cushitic languages, ancient Egyptian, Coptic, Ethiosemitic languages, Arabic and pre-Islamic South Arabian languages) over the past twenty-plus centuries! 🤦🏾‍♂️

You can find the story about it on the two-years old topic "weight gain in ramadan".

LondonFA:
Forgot you live in french canada where they have visas for people from french speaking countries which includes the maghreb.

John Smith:
Right? 🤣🤣🤣

And I even been close from dating, hang out and courted with a small handful of both North African and Arabic women for over a decade. The said verbally abusive cashier, as well as one of her co-workers mentioned in the older topic in matter, used to be two of them. 😂

That's some mighty fine fiction you wrote. I need to steal that for a story.

"I heroically cursed out the Arabic lady who called me a slur. I proceeded to strut around da room, got up on the counter and did a boogie woogie to celebrate."

Thanks!
2 years

I speak Hebrew, Russian, English, Spanish
And Can understand
Ukrainian, Arabic and French
2 years