Gaining

Over the hump?

Many feedees are very conflicted at first but less so after they get "over the hump," that is, after they gain a certain amount. Maybe they realize their fears about gaining were exaggerated, maybe they've reached the point where others in their lives have given up nagging them about their weight, maybe their love for overeating has become dominant...I guess there are lots of possible reasons. It occurs to me it might help feedees who are just starting out (or thinking about it) to hear about the hump.

So if you've gone over the hump in this way:

1) What changed that made things easier?

2) How much weight did you have to gain to get there?

3) Has there been more than one hump? If so please answer 1) and 2) for each one.
2 years

Over the hump?

PlusSize52:

For me, I have been wanting to gain for a long time but social pressure made me hesitant to jump in. Then the pandemic hit. Working from home had an impact on my weight. I did not know how much at first because I didn’t keep a scale at home. It was seeing my weight at the doctor’s just over 200 pounds that sparked something. For me, that was the heaviest I have ever been, and I loved it. Seeing that number made me think, this is all right… what if I ate just a little more on purpose? From there, it became a need, and while I’ve taken breaks between active and more passive gaining, I wouldn’t change a thing. I’m over the hump and loving it.

Great story! How about the social pressure? Were your fears of it worse than the reality? Or did you love gaining so much you didn't care?
2 years

Over the hump?

AskDrFeeder:
Many feedees are very conflicted at first but less so after they get "over the hump," that is, after they gain a certain amount. Maybe they realize their fears about gaining were exaggerated, maybe they've reached the point where others in their lives have given up nagging them about their weight, maybe their love for overeating has become dominant.spider solitaire 2 suitguess there are lots of possible reasons. It occurs to me it might help feedees who are just starting out (or thinking about it) to hear about the hump.

So if you've gone over the hump in this way:

3) Has there been more than one hump? If so please answer 1) and 2) for each one.

It's just your personal opinion, everyone will have a different view, can't be sure
1 year