Gaining

Heavy cream "delay" - how long?

Hello!

I've been reading a lot on this forum about the experienced "delay" many people have with heavy cream.

They drink it regularly for a while without putting on much weight, and then the gains appear later on.

I've had 500ml (1780 calories) of heavy cream for 9 days and I'm only up a pound.
Feeling softer and jigglier but not bigger.

Starting to feel discouraged, since I'm now consuming about 4000 calories a day without gaining.

The cream isn't upsetting my stomach and I digest it well.

Should I keep on having it? Does anyone know how long the delay can be?
2 years

I have found that the delay between stopping the cream and gaining a few lbs is around 2 weeks for me. Keep going though, a week is not long in the gaining game.
2 years

Curveman:
I have found that the delay between stopping the cream and gaining a few lbs is around 2 weeks for me. Keep going though, a week is not long in the gaining game.

I agree with this time frame exactly. Even when I was eating a bunch more all of a sudden even without HC I would really notice my gains in that time period of two weeks.
2 years

Thank you all for your input!
I'll give it more time and cross my fingers that I'm simply losing visceral fat. Which I don't mind.
2 years

How did it go now that 4 months have gone by?

I've just started about a month ago with the double cream but so far I've seen very little gain.

I've been drinking 900 ml a day, usually pausing for the weekends. Is that too much? It's 4200 calories a day just on cream.
2 years

Unfortunately I still haven't managed to make it work.
Back when I was around 58 kilos, cream absolutely blew me up. Now nothing happens, even if the cream basically doubles my daily calorie intake.

That's a very large amount. I read somewhere that the average body can only digest around 80g of fat in one sitting. The rest will lead to indigestion. I split my intake up with a few hours in between to avoid this.

I took a long break from heavy cream after not seeing any results, but I have now started with just 250ml a day instead of 500. I hope my digestion system will handle it better.
2 years

That makes sense, I have been having a lot of heartburn haha

But I didn't drink it all at once, I had half a pint after every meal (except my extra meal between lunch and dinner). I mean, I have undeniably gotten fatter, but not really much, at least not as much as I would expect with a surplus of 4200 calories every day 🤷
2 years

Right, that's very similar to my experience. The results were kind of "meh" consider how many calories I was gulping down.
2 years