Lifestyle tips

Charlie horses/ “cramps”

If you eat a lot of salty snacks or meals quite often the excess salt will make your legs cramp. It's definitely a thing. It's hard when all the best foods are extremely salty.
The best way to stop it immediately as or before it's happening or about to happen is to put your foot onto a cold floor or surface. The foot has to be flat.

The others things you mentioned like sitting in weird positions for periods of time can't help either.
2 years

Charlie horses/ “cramps”

I definitely experience a lot of this. Staying hydrated is the best advice I can give. Avoid alcohol if you can. I drink occasionally and that ALWAYS triggers it.
2 years

Charlie horses/ “cramps”

Please update it you find anything else that helps. I've had these kinds of cramps my whole life and they've only become worse. The water thing is something I'm always told by others, but the alcohol part is my own observation.
2 years

Charlie horses/ “cramps”

Suzieann:
Hello,

I hope I’m posting this in the right spot. I have a question; I’m not sure if it’s weird or not, maybe just me.

Does the plus size community on here experience a lot of muscle cramps or “charlie horses?” Like in your feet, toes, calves, sides, ect? I get these almost daily and looked up online that “larger” people have a common issue with this? Of course I sit for my job and often get so involved with work that I probably sit in the same position for hours at a time so it may be just that.

Can anyone relate or not? If you can what helps remedy this if anything?

Yes I make sure to stay hydrated. And supplement potassium and magnesium and helps tremendously.
2 years

Charlie horses/ “cramps”

Suzieann:
Hello,

I hope I’m posting this in the right spot. I have a question; I’m not sure if it’s weird or not, maybe just me.

Does the plus size community on here experience a lot of muscle cramps or “charlie horses?” Like in your feet, toes, calves, sides, ect? I get these almost daily and looked up online that “larger” people have a common issue with this? Of course I sit for my job and often get so involved with work that I probably sit in the same position for hours at a time so it may be just that.

Can anyone relate or not? If you can what helps remedy this if anything?

Ssbhmjoe:
Yes I make sure to stay hydrated. And supplement potassium and magnesium and helps tremendously.

I was in the hospital ten or eleven years ago and I was treated with a potassium drip due to low potassium in my blood. Low potassium does lead to cramping.
2 years