Lifestyle tips

Healthy gaining

Hi,
I think this is a interesting topic for many.

So I Hope we can share stuff like:
- healthy weithgain shakes
- general diet advice
- lifestyle habits
- reducing visceral fat
Etc.

I think when going at it from a bodybuilder perspective could be quite smart.

Find you maintance metabolic rate with a calorie tracking app.

Eat 300-500 calories above.

Focusing on the Classic healthy foot.
So whole grain, unsaturated fats etc.

Having a 30 min cardio everyday.
And maybe 2 fitness workouts( moderate intensity) a week

I think when doing this you will have a healthier lifestyle than 95% of the population while still getting this delicious blubber 😅
2 years

Healthy gaining

great topic!

i have gained a lot in the last three years, and i might still be gaining, but i was fit and athletic before that. i am kind of hoping all that good behaviour in my 20s and 30s is going to pay off in my 40s, lol!

health is a spectrum, and you have to weigh your risk vs benefit of the enjoyment of your lifestyle, i think. i love enjoying food, i love drinking good craft beer, and i want to keep enjoying those things as long as i can.

last year i found out my blood pressure was getting high. so i have cut a tonne of salt out of my diet, and i try to be a little more active (just walking right now), and my blood pressure came down. it's at the high end of normal, but ok. the biggest thing i cut out of my diet was chips and some of the cured meat (i couldn't bring myself to cut out bacon entirely!).

and i've continued to put on weight, but i probably consume probably double the "normal" amount of recommended calories daily. i just try to make most of that "quality" calories, and my partner is a big help that way.
2 years

Healthy gaining

Gainingrealfat16:
thanks for the tip!! and good forum!! i want to get fat .. have a lot of soft belly fat .. but also so far can be healthy..
I did eat a lot of sugar and cookies/candy to get fat. but read that that is unhealthy .. I now try to eat and drink more cheese and heavy cream because that "somewhat" is healthier

becomingoverweight:
I'm starting to think sugar may have some use cases when it comes to healthy gaining. For example, say someone were to eat some chocolate. The sugar in the chocolate would trigger an insulin response which would increase the amount of stearic acid going into visceral adipocytes. This should then trigger some more thermogenesis in the visceral fat deposit which should shrink it. This would be a balancing act between the glucose fattening up visceral adipocytes and the insulin response it causes funneling more visceral fat burning stearic acid into visceral adipocytes.

Etiola:
Yeah but too much circulating insulin can lead to I insulin resistance, so I doubt eating sugar can be the healthy way to gain.
Agreed.
2 years

Healthy gaining

I feel in this circumstances its wise to look at sumo wrestlers. They're one of the healthiest people on the planet despite their weight, due to their healthy diet and large amount of exercise (also check out chanko, for a super healthy high calorie meal that will get you big). Same should be said here; try to avoid sugar, processed foods and trans fats and try to stick to whole foods (in other words no fast foods and convenient snacks). Remember to get your daily servings of fruit and veggies and try to eat a varied diet to get your nutrients. Exercise regularly, building both muscles and cardio. My weight gain regime is essentially a bodybuilders regime but with calories in super excess (a dirty bulk but without the cutting) which is honestly great because I feel larger when I'm putting on both muscle and fat (as opposed to just fat).
2 years

Healthy gaining

Some good-for-you foods that are also fattening:

-salmon
-nuts
-avocados
-olive oil

All of these are healthy fats that shouldn't cause bad cholesterol. Also experiment with herbs and spices in your home cooked meals as it's healthier than just plain salt. If you only eat at home don't worry about the salt but restaurants use an epic shit ton of it. If you can afford it, get yourself tested for food allergies to see what you can eat without digestive problems. Happy gaining y'all!
2 years

Healthy gaining

YAYBANANA01:
I feel in this circumstances its wise to look at sumo wrestlers. They're one of the healthiest people on the planet despite their weight, due to their healthy diet and large amount of exercise

No, they really aren't. That's a myth. From the wiki article about them: "The negative health effects of the sumo lifestyle can become apparent later in life. Sumo wrestlers have a life expectancy between 60 and 65, more than 20 years shorter than the average Japanese male, as the diet and sport take a toll on the wrestler's body. Many develop type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure, and they are prone to heart attacks due to the enormous amount of body mass and fat that they accumulate. The excessive intake of alcohol can lead to liver problems and the stress on their joints due to their excess weight can cause arthritis."
2 years

Healthy gaining

It's not absolute.
Obesity is not healthy. It increases the risk of various conditions and/or makes them more severe. This is well known and stupid to pretend otherwise. I say this as a fat man, with a fat fetish. I am not in any way anti-fat. I chose to be obese. I love it. I also accepted the health risks and the shorter life that I will live in all probability. I now have high blood pressure, acid reflux and type 2 diabetes and take daily meds.
I try to keep relatively healthy by keeping active (walking and using stairs etc.) and eating 'healthy' foods as well as the 'bad' foods that I love.
If you want to gain as healthily as possible, keep active and eat whatever 'good' foods (nuts, vegetables etc.) as you can manage.
2 years