Stuffing

Standing vs sitting

I’ve seen a few people standing while stuffing opposed to sitting down like I normally do. Does standing increase the amount in which you’re able to eat? If so I need to get on that bandwagon! 😂
Do you normally sit or stand when completing stuffings or bloats?
2 years

Standing vs sitting

Last Thanksgiving my wife went for 3rds and 4ths while standing at the bar. Her belly was packed tight and hugging her felt like it did when she was pregnant.

I would suggest standing seems to help as she could lean forward while eating.
2 years

Standing vs sitting

I was at a potluck in college and there were two beautiful, slender women in attendance who were exchange students from Taiwan and Japan. They made some dishes from their homelands as I could see they were homesick for their native cuisine. Like most potlucks (gotta love them) everyone made way to much of everything and too my surprise both of these very slender women ate, and ate, and ate, and ate. I lost track of how many plates they helped themselves to but nearly fell backwards when one of them declared, "I've got to stand up, too full..." so she stood up cluching her impossible to hide bulging stomach and proceeded to eat more! She even let out some very dainty burps concealed behind her small hand. The other woman did the same and stood up as well and they continued to eat until one declared that she would explode if she had another bite and the other just smiles and rubbed her protruding stomach. So yeah, no one ever thinks of it but if you want to reach your maximum capacity, have a stand up buffet. Get some European Cafe tables since I guess gravity helps the stomach expand outward and downward, maybe a tad more comfortable than having all that weight press back down on your organs. Lol, made me recall this memory. Try it out Feedies and let us know how it goes.
2 years

Standing vs sitting

Professional competition eater Randy Santel usually eats kneeling down so you may have something there.
2 years

Standing vs sitting

damocles:
I was at a potluck in college and there were two beautiful, slender women in attendance who were exchange students from Taiwan and Japan. They made some dishes from their homelands as I could see they were homesick for their native cuisine. Like most potlucks (gotta love them) everyone made way to much of everything and too my surprise both of these very slender women ate, and ate, and ate, and ate. I lost track of how many plates they helped themselves to but nearly fell backwards when one of them declared, "I've got to stand up, too full..." so she stood up cluching her impossible to hide bulging stomach and proceeded to eat more! She even let out some very dainty burps concealed behind her small hand. The other woman did the same and stood up as well and they continued to eat until one declared that she would explode if she had another bite and the other just smiles and rubbed her protruding stomach. So yeah, no one ever thinks of it but if you want to reach your maximum capacity, have a stand up buffet. Get some European Cafe tables since I guess gravity helps the stomach expand outward and downward, maybe a tad more comfortable than having all that weight press back down on your organs. Lol, made me recall this memory. Try it out Feedies and let us know how it goes.

Never thought about that. But it makes sense, there is no pressure on your stomach, so it's easy to stuff yourself while standing. Gotta try it myself 😂
2 years

Standing vs sitting

I prefer standing up. Helps with the pressure and discomfort until I can lay down.

I can also sneak in a few more bites than I can sitting down
1 year

Standing vs sitting

I almost always stand as I suff my big fat belly. It just feels better.
1 year

Standing vs sitting

I do my best eating semi reclined in my favorite recliner with the plate or food container resting on my belly!
11 months