Gaining

Dr appt

How do ya tell your dr you just want to gain weight, be fat and happy?
2 years

Dr appt

Mine was fine with the explanation that I like my current size. If i decide to try to lose weight I'll ask for a recommendation for a nutritionist to help set up a successful diet.

I get a comment about it once a year with my physical that my weight is above where he'd like to see it, but it's just making note of it since everything else is kept in a good range with my current meds.
2 years

Dr appt

BBWBecky:
How do ya tell your dr you just want to gain weight, be fat and happy?

Just do your own thing. It’s your life
2 years

Dr appt

You know that's another thing that gets me. Doctors always want you to be how THEY WANT YOU TO BE not how YOU WANT YOU TO BE. I mean it isn't their body?
2 years

Dr appt

RyanH1984:
You know that's another thing that gets me. Doctors always want you to be how THEY WANT YOU TO BE not how YOU WANT YOU TO BE. I mean it isn't their body?

I definitely agree with you that we should be able to do whatever we want with our bodies but doctors want their patients to be healthy. And in most doctors eyes fat=unhealthy even if their patients are obese but don't have any metabolic issues. It's definitely annoying though when you have a doctor constantly asking how "your weight loss is going" or telling you to constantly lose weight when you don't want to. (I know that from experience and I'm sure many here do too...)
2 years

Dr appt

RyanH1984:

Raven:
I definitely agree with you that we should be able to do whatever we want with our bodies but doctors want their patients to be healthy. And in most doctors eyes fat=unhealthy even if their patients are obese but don't have any metabolic issues. It's definitely annoying though when you have a doctor constantly asking how "your weight loss is going" or telling you to constantly lose weight when you don't want to. (I know that from experience and I'm sure many here do too...)

I agree with you 100%
2 years

Dr appt

My doctor hasn't mentioned my weight to me in several years. His nurse asked if I wanted to join the veterans weight loss program and respectfully declined.

I'm old (over 65) so my current weight isn't a big an issue as would be if I were younger.
2 years