Gaining

Heavy cream

Heavycreambelly06:
Should I go up to a quart a day instead of a pint? I like the progress I have already and am kinda curious what double the amount would do but wanted to ask the community lol

If you drink too much at one time your body won't be able to digest it which will result in stomach problems. It's a waste of cream and your other ingredients because it will just go right through you. You need to build up slow. Try adding an additional half cup of cream. If that goes well do it for a little while and then go up again if you want to. It's possible to down a quart in a day but it really needs to be spread out and drank after you eat to help it digest. Try mixing weight gain shake mix the carbs and the sugars will give you a better result than just doing it alone. I like adding a pint of heavy cream with two scoops of Serious Mass shake mix and two cups of whole milk. It goes down well and it helps with digestion.
2 years

Heavy cream

Heavycreambelly06:
Should I go up to a quart a day instead of a pint? I like the progress I have already and am kinda curious what double the amount would do but wanted to ask the community lol

GoingForBroke:
I heard the body can only digest 1000 calories of fat at once, so I've been moving my cream up to just under a pint a day, 12 fl.oz at the moment, trying to hit around 1000 calories per shake, and having two a day.

I do not sweeten mine with sugar, but after hearing some logic from becomingoverweight I am considering trying it. Being sugar free for so long though, the taste of any sugar at all is way too strong to me, so I've been drinking plain.

I'm not a big sugar fan either. If you mix heavy cream with something like serious mass and don't add anything else, it's tolerable. You might want to try cutting it with a little Root Beer. It's a little like a root beer float. Adding carbs and some sugars seems to help the fattening process.
2 years

Heavy cream

Heavycreambelly06:

GoingForBroke:
I heard the body can only digest 1000 calories of fat at once, so I've been moving my cream up to just under a pint a day, 12 fl.oz at the moment, trying to hit around 1000 calories per shake, and having two a day.

I do not sweeten mine with sugar, but after hearing some logic from becomingoverweight I am considering trying it. Being sugar free for so long though, the taste of any sugar at all is way too strong to me, so I've been drinking plain.

BigNate:
I'm not a big sugar fan either. If you mix heavy cream with something like serious mass and don't add anything else, it's tolerable. You might want to try cutting it with a little Root Beer. It's a little like a root beer float. Adding carbs and some sugars seems to help the fattening process.

GoingForBroke:
The thing is I'm not sure if sweetening it too much adds to the the visceral fat content of the stomach. But a little bit might be required for letting that visceral fat burn off. Not sure. Still looking into it.

An easy way to do it is to try some weight gain shake mix and replace the milk by 2/3rds with heavy cream. I bought a 12 pound bag of chocolate flavored Serious Mass from GNC. It makes 16 shakes at 1250 each plus what ever you add to them. So the powder is 1250 by itself. Then I add 2 cups of heavy cream and one cup of whole milk. It's 3000 calories and if you add some natural peanut butter or some frozen fruit you can get it closer to 3500 which is a pound of body fat.

It's easy to split this in half and drink one between meals twice a day. And after a little ways in you can add a 3rd one for fun if your body can handle it.

This mixture isn't overly sweet but it gets old fast. Adding something good like frozen cherries, frozen bananas, granola, peanut butter, etc, improves the texture and taste and it helps with digestion.

From articles that I've read here in the past, and from what I remember of them, the addition of carbs to the cream shakes does something to make your body store fat more efficiently. So a plate or more of pasta before a shake it also a good thing.

There was a carb supplement that I used to add to cream shakes, I can't remember what it was. It's easy to figure out because body builders and work out fanatics use it. GNC has it on the shelf. Someone here should know.
2 years

Heavy cream

Heavycreambelly06:

GoingForBroke:

BigNate:

GoingForBroke:
The thing is I'm not sure if sweetening it too much adds to the the visceral fat content of the stomach. But a little bit might be required for letting that visceral fat burn off. Not sure. Still looking into it.

I think some of that is genetic. I know that I gained a certain amount of visceral fat for a while and then my body switched to subcutaneous fat. It started with a firm belly bulge and then I started softening up as my body changed shape.
2 years

Heavy cream

I have found out that I can't just drink heavy cream. Does it help you get fatter if you mix it in cereal ?
2 years

Heavy cream

So I have been intrigued by the idea of gaining weight by drinking heavy cream, but when I tried before couldn’t stomach it Bc of GI upset. I can handle cream sauces etc though so I thought maybe it was a protein issue. Anyway…I put a quart of cream on the double boiler and brought it up to temp for 5-10min. Let it cool. Skimmed the skin off the top. Mixed with chocolate syrup and downed the whole quart. So far no issues next day.
2 years

Heavy cream

16851:
So I have been intrigued by the idea of gaining weight by drinking heavy cream, but when I tried before couldn’t stomach it Bc of GI upset. I can handle cream sauces etc though so I thought maybe it was a protein issue. Anyway…I put a quart of cream on the double boiler and brought it up to temp for 5-10min. Let it cool. Skimmed the skin off the top. Mixed with chocolate syrup and downed the whole quart. So far no issues next day.

Interesting. I’ve found my body takes time to adjust to it. Whenever I go on a double cream binge, for the first two days I feel bloated and sluggish, but after that, I can easily drink 300-600ml per day with little to no discomfort.

I rarely chug it, and bitter personal experience has taught me not to drink more than 300ml at once. I generally spread it throughout the morning.
2 years

Heavy cream

Oh I’d never chug it straight. Not in that volume. I put it in an insulated cup and drank it throughout the day. After breakfast. And with a probiotic for completeness sake.
2 years