Gaining

About how long for the body to get used to processing and digesting more calories?

I have noticed that I've finally been able to do something that until recently, I wasn't previously able to do.

For every day this past week, I've finally be able to average about 3,500-4,000 calories a day. As an estimate, I believe that's eating like a 300 lb. man. I think I might end up breaking this streak today, but we'll see. I should however be able to at least eat 2,500 which should mean no weight loss.

The key thing most of all I know, is consistency.

Previously, if I had a 4,000-4,500 calorie day, it felt like I was stuffed and then I may eat almost nothing the next day, which was really messing up my weight gain goals, so I tried to take it easier for more consistency.

But somehow, it's almost as if something snapped and clicked. I don't know if I've feel as truly satisfied as I did this past week. I want and suspect I will eventually need to eat like this all the time. It's my hope that I can continue this on for most weeks.

I wonder if at some point, I might be able to have a week with an average of 5,000 calorie days?

I'm trying to prepare and train for my "1+ million calories in a year" challenge for the year 2022. While I expect it to be challenging sometimes, I also expect it will be doable. With any luck, every year after that will be 1+ million calories a year, without even thinking about it. To put it another way, it'd be an average of at least 2,750 calories a day. More on it here:

fantasyfeeder.com/forum/posts
2 years

About how long for the body to get used to processing and digesting more calories?

When started to gain deliberately I knew I had to be deliberate and consistent about it. Gradually I changed what I ate, how much I ate and how often I ate. Increasingly I added more fast food meals each day until all my main meals were essentially fast food with the emphasis on flavor and with a concentration on sweet and fatty foods. I also resolved to drink Classic Coke anytime I was thirsty or with every meal. unless substituted by sweeten orange juice or a milkshake. I also gradually introduced snacks throughout the day. What I found after a few months was that I found no effort in eating three highly calorific meals a day interspersed with sweets and snacks. In fact without effort portion sizes and the size of my meals increased and I found that I could add more calories with a few slices of cheese cake or something similar before I went to bed. Not that long afterwards certainly before a year was out I realized that I was becoming addicted to fast food. I started craving savory and sweet food most of the time and I was constantly suffering from hunger pangs which were only relieved by eating the foods I craved. I realized things had fundamentally changed when I ate a whole packet of cookies at work one day without being conscious that I had done so. Snacking had become kind of automatic.

After that, apart possibly for breakfast, I seldom ate a meal with less than 2500 calories and often more. In the average day I must consume at least 8000 calories, probably much more and certainly more than that a weekends when I can indulge in a really substantial breakfast and there is little constraint on when and how much I eat during the balance of the day. Needless to say I have put on a massive amount of weight over the years and I am happy to have done so.
2 years

ILuvChubbyChix:

I wonder if at some point, I might be able to have a week with an average of 5,000 calorie days?

earlier this year for several months i was tracking my calories on the advice of my girlfriend, just to see what i ate. it was pretty surprising. i would say i generally average about 5000 calories a day. really big-eating days were up to 8000 calories. my weight has jumped up and down a bunch this year (mostly up), but overall i am probably about 50 lbs heavier than i was at the start of the year.

when i first started gaining and stopped working out it was a challenge to eat the equivalent of 5000 calories. i was probably around 3000-3500, and the gaining was slow probably because my metabolism took some time to "catch up" lol. i honestly don't know what threw the switch, but certainly within 9-12 months, the weight started to come on much more easily.
2 years