Gaining

Starting heavy cream drinking to reach my christmas goal weight

So I’m now up to 22 stone (308lbs) at 23 years of age, roughly 6”1, and gains have been slow recently. I told myself earlier in the year I’d be 23 stone (322lbs) by Christmas but I just haven’t been gaining as much as I would have liked. I’ve read so many great, positive posts about adding heavy cream into your diet but I never got round to trying it, but i put my fat foot down and I’m committed to trying it now. From reading I think it’s best I do it 1 week of cream, 1 week of no cream ect. I had my first drink today of 300ml of heavy cream with a bit of milk and some milkshake flavouring, it went down like water and has stayed down. I’m aiming to eventually get to 600ml a day. Basically does anyone have any crucial tips on this process? Am I doing everything right? Also is it realistic to have a 14lb gain in just over a month? All thoughts are appreciated!!
2 years

i gained 11 lbs in a little over 3 weeks while doing heavy cream, so 14 in a little over a month is very doable i would say.

you might get better results doing the heavy cream daily for at least 2 weeks before taking a break, but do whatever feels right for you.
2 years

doublefrosted:
i gained 11 lbs in a little over 3 weeks while doing heavy cream, so 14 in a little over a month is very doable i would say.

you might get better results doing the heavy cream daily for at least 2 weeks before taking a break, but do whatever feels right for you.

Oh cool! 2 weeks sounds good to me, I’ll have to give it a try
2 years

bdodds28:
So I’m now up to 22 stone (308lbs) at 23 years of age, roughly 6”1, and gains have been slow recently. I told myself earlier in the year I’d be 23 stone (322lbs) by Christmas but I just haven’t been gaining as much as I would have liked. I’ve read so many great, positive posts about adding heavy cream into your diet but I never got round to trying it, but i put my fat foot down and I’m committed to trying it now. From reading I think it’s best I do it 1 week of cream, 1 week of no cream ect. I had my first drink today of 300ml of heavy cream with a bit of milk and some milkshake flavouring, it went down like water and has stayed down. I’m aiming to eventually get to 600ml a day. Basically does anyone have any crucial tips on this process? Am I doing everything right? Also is it realistic to have a 14lb gain in just over a month? All thoughts are appreciated!!

Firstly: congratulations if you can keep it down easily in reasonable direct quantities!

On to the realistic expectations and what I've learned from my wife's use of it for gaining.

Re your goal: yes i imagine so, we’ve done 12lbs in 34days without too much of an extreme approach

Re tips:

1) consider what is digested and what passes through. Spread out your amount (we added 1 1/2 pt of double cream a day) throughout a number of meals to ensure its not literally going down the drain. Cream sauces, small additions to a number of cups of coffee and chai, cream based deserts (she loves eton mess with fresh whipped double cream and white sugar), cream in dinner sides like potatoes dauphinois etc etc. you can easily add a full 2pt a day which is adding a serious amount of kcal a day.

2) don’t accidentally end up on keto. Make sure there are a lot of carbs and a good amount of simple sugar in your diet as well. Ive known failed gainers to smash the steaks and cream shakes but forget the carbs. The body will go in to ketosis which will inhibit your gain.

3) give it at least 2 weeks as your body adjusts to digesting it and keep it up. We had little success on the first try as we expected going up to 2.5x your requires calories would cause her to bloom straight away. It wasn't until the 2nd time that we spread it out and gave it 6weeks. She got some fantastic stretch marks on that round.

4) don't expect it to be smooth sailing; just because day 1 went ok doesn't mean your GI tract will be happy tomorrow with the same barrage of fat and lactose.

Cant think of much else.

Good luck and happy gaining.
2 years

bdodds28:

LondonFA:
Firstly: congratulations if you can keep it down easily in reasonable direct quantities!

On to the realistic expectations and what I've learned from my wife's use of it for gaining.

Re your goal: yes i imagine so, we’ve done 12lbs in 34days without too much of an extreme approach

Re tips:

1) consider what is digested and what passes through. Spread out your amount (we added 1 1/2 pt of double cream a day) throughout a number of meals to ensure its not literally going down the drain. Cream sauces, small additions to a number of cups of coffee and chai, cream based deserts (she loves eton mess with fresh whipped double cream and white sugar), cream in dinner sides like potatoes dauphinois etc etc. you can easily add a full 2pt a day which is adding a serious amount of kcal a day.

2) don’t accidentally end up on keto. Make sure there are a lot of carbs and a good amount of simple sugar in your diet as well. Ive known failed gainers to smash the steaks and cream shakes but forget the carbs. The body will go in to ketosis which will inhibit your gain.

3) give it at least 2 weeks as your body adjusts to digesting it and keep it up. We had little success on the first try as we expected going up to 2.5x your requires calories would cause her to bloom straight away. It wasn't until the 2nd time that we spread it out and gave it 6weeks. She got some fantastic stretch marks on that round.

4) don't expect it to be smooth sailing; just because day 1 went ok doesn't mean your GI tract will be happy tomorrow with the same barrage of fat and lactose.

Cant think of much else.

Good luck and happy gaining.

Some solid advice here my friend I’ll be sure to take it all on board! Anything to make the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible
2 years

I am also thinking about trying heavy cream again. I didn't get good results before. But this time I'm going to take it a bit easier. Because I also want to be at least 300 pounds by Christmas.
2 years

Ky Belly Boy:
I am also thinking about trying heavy cream again. I didn't get good results before. But this time I'm going to take it a bit easier. Because I also want to be at least 300 pounds by Christmas.

What were the bad results you got when trying it before?
2 years