General

What the.....?

I don’t know if anyone else touched on this but this site doesn’t really have many people explicitly telling you what gender romantic partner they are looking for. As someone who’s only ever messaging girls I feel like I’m playing a guessing game every time I put myself out there. So maybe you should consider that possibility before you send a message? Is there a place where you can fill out your relationship status? Does anyone ever use it? I think other people touched on it but some people only use the website to read smut and they are happily or unhappily in a relationship. I remember when ff was more geared towards relationships. When you could send a DM and be given a Skype contact and immediately start video chatting with someone. (That’s how I ended up in a 3 year relationship) It’s not like that anymore, and feabie is not the place either. Also I can relate to both the not getting DMs answered and the ignoring side because I never answer messages from guys but girls ignore me. So on feabie I’ve got 350 unopened messages, 100 on here and Insta I have probably thousands since I have 26K. You shouldn’t beat yourself up. We all have someone we want desperately to message us back (unless you’re in a committed relationship). So my suggestion would be to lower your expectations, and increase the volume of non-demanding, respectful, polite messages you send. If you don’t believe in soulmates then finding someone who is compatible is a numbers game. You roll the dice over and over and over again finally you do it the right amount of times and get just the right alignment of variable factors your wanting. Don’t get hung up on one girl imagining a whole life with her based off a profile just treat every person you message like your rolling a pair of dice. (And don’t dm me because like I said before I’m only interested in girls)
2 years

What the.....?

ChunkyPeanutButter:
okay...
You are not entitled to a response from anyone...
A lack of a response is them saying they are not interested... So many times a response saying they aren't is received with hella insults..

No, not entitled to a response from anyone, but if THEY initiate contact with me it's kinda implied that if I respond perhaps they may respond to that... Ya know, like a um... What's the word? Oh, conversation.

Yeah perhaps this place could do with having a gay/str8/bi or whatever tab to select..
Would definitely help to identify people...

Oh well.

Oh, I'll add that some of the comments on this thread are hilarious..
(some are scary too)
2 years

What the.....?

PearlyPaleBBW:
I don’t know if anyone else touched on this but this site doesn’t really have many people explicitly telling you what gender romantic partner they are looking for.

if you fill out the dating part of your profile you can specify sexual orientation, your relationship status, and what you're looking for. admittedly, based on some of my message experiences, a lot of people seem to either not read it or choose to disregard it, but it is there.
2 years

What the.....?

PearlyPaleBBW:
I don’t know if anyone else touched on this but this site doesn’t really have many people explicitly telling you what gender romantic partner they are looking for.

doublefrosted:
if you fill out the dating part of your profile you can specify sexual orientation, your relationship status, and what you're looking for. admittedly, based on some of my message experiences, a lot of people seem to either not read it or choose to disregard it, but it is there.

I've got mine filled in, but usually don't see it in other people's profiles.. I always look at people's profiles..
2 years

What the.....?

KnightOfCupcakes:
On mobile, as I can confirm, that extra information does not display anywhere I could find. That may be a large part of the issue.

Now that's a very good point. I've never viewed here on anything but my mobile.. 🤔
2 years

What the.....?

PearlyPaleBBW:
I remember when ff was more geared towards relationships. When you could send a DM and be given a Skype contact and immediately start video chatting with someone.

thebassguy:
those were the days !! damn im glad a guy made a frustration post cause i wanted to do the same thing.

Don't hold back mate, if you are frustrated you must vent when needed ;-)

Seriously though, it's not a bad idea to occasionally make posts like this.. I'd say that this is one of the busier posts on this site now, hahah.
2 years

What the.....?

PearlyPaleBBW:
I remember when ff was more geared towards relationships. When you could send a DM and be given a Skype contact and immediately start video chatting with someone.

thebassguy:
those were the days !! damn im glad a guy made a frustration post cause i wanted to do the same thing.

How do we fix it though? There's really no rule against content creators and admittedly there's a very fine line between just being after money, which isn't illegal yet, and outright scamming. The same as there is no rule against ghosting even though a lot of people get hurt by it. At least there's a crackdown on trolls and harassment that's gotten better. The Mega Man Wall (ask Saph) is gone as far as I know lol.
2 years
12   loading