General

I need advice

I know I'm old, but I'll give my two cents for what it's worth...

Put down the phone. Ask if he'd like to go for a coffee/dinner/outing/date with you. ❤️
If a date or two go well and you want to bring up the gaining topic, you can say something like, "Oh right, I *thought* I briefly saw you on grommr." 😇 That's not lying, just delaying the truth.
😁
2 years

I need advice

If you are interested in him how about asking him out for coffee and see if you have anything in common.
Its not that hard and remember you are the only one stopping yourself.
You obviously are looking for a possible relationship so hiding isn't going to make it happen.
2 years

I need advice

Please do tell us how it goes.
Nothing to be afraid of just be honest with him.
2 years

I need advice

Smolgainer:
Hey guys! A very late update, but there is a big development!
So in the end it turned out that we never really talked about it, apart from him mentioning that he liked guys with bellies at some point. We're just friends and nothing is going on between the two of us.
Additionally, he doesn't use grommr that regularly and I wasn't actively looking for him on the app.
HOWEVER, since I now have a few pics of myself (faceless) online, I opened grommr the other day and saw him in my private message (and immediately suffered a heart attack). He just said hi, so I replied hi and yesterday he asked how I was doing.
I genuinely can't tell if he knows who I am and is just playing with me, or if he is utterly clueless.
There is now way I can keep chatting with him and not tell the truth, that just feels so wrong. But guys I am terrified! I've never told anyone in my life about this kink and I really don't know how to manage this whole situation.
I'm thinking about just telling him to request my private folder where there is a face pic of me, but I'm not sure that's a good move.

TLDR: HELP!

This is literally a case of "Bestie, what were you doing at the devil's sacrament?"

He has the same kink as you. You're chill with each other.

There is a chance he's just as terrified as you and is testing the waters. He could possibly just want a friend to share his kink with.

Or he's actually dumb and didn't realize it's you.

I doubt he's playing with you. Doesn't have anything to gain from where I sit.

My advice is to talk to him (platonically) on the app. See what he wants. After that, you can decide if you want yo reveal yourself at all.
1 year

I need advice

Umm...is "I like guys with bellies" not a lead in or invitation to the conversation you're avoiding? I agree with Munchies, you should talk to him on the app, platonically, and see what he wants. If you feel there's a possibility of a connection/something happening you should reveal yourself immediately. You've already been playing this game for nine months and it could come across as creepy if you keep holding out (I assume he has a face pic on his account, so it's obvious you know it's him). An invitation to your private folder would make a good reveal, but you might want to let him know that you've known who he is but you've been shy and unsure.
Whatever you decide I would definitely not advise talking to him with a couple bears in you. 🤣🤣 sorry, I know it was a typo, but the funniest one I've seen in a while. I couldn't resist!
1 year