Gaining

Thanksgiving day tips

This is a bit of stuffing and weight gain. 😍

Asking for tips on how to maximize a stuffing and weight gain over a slow Thanksgiving.

My wife typically eats well during Thanksgiving and complains when we don't eat Thanksgiving at home because she can't really eat...

Last Thanksgiving she ate like I've never seen her eat as it was the first Thanksgiving we've had without extended family. She's gained very noticably since last year.

This Thanksgiving I plan to encourage her to be completely stuffed. She's been actively engaging in my light teasing (in some cases she instigates the teasing) and feeding her to gain.

We have a slow Thanksgiving this year with just us and the kids. No parents or in-laws to make her feel self conscious about gluttony.

We will start cooking Wednesday afternoon and plan on a feast through Friday.

Is it best to encourage her to eat lightly as we are cooking, ramping into the feast or will that ruin an appetite for the feast?

1) She likes subtle encouragement when she feels comfortable.
2) She is a foodie and looses self control around good food.
3) She is on-board with gaining.
2 years

Thanksgiving day tips

I think y'all will enjoy this.

Thanksgiving prep started this last weekend, when my wife finalized the menu and did the shopping. All of the ingredients were purchased by Sunday and the cooking will start tonight (Tuesday).
My job starting last Saturday has been to clear out the fridge. Don't make anything new unless it is a missing piece get something in the fridge eaten.

Check. Done and done. Fridge needed to be cleared of all non-thanksgiving food on Monday night. I frankensteined leftovers all weekend.

Monday night, we get the most wonderful, dreadful phone calls, Out of town family that was accounted for in the head count can't make it due to one cousin having Covid putting that whole family in quarantine. Another out of town aunt and her family also aren't coming, as now they are skiddish of the travel risks. That is eight people worth of food that will still be made but won't get eaten unless everyone else steps up.

Challenge accepted.

The game plan for the day of Thanksgiving. I get the kids out the house so Wife, my mom, and mother-in-law can work uninterrupted in the morning. Get a little exercise and work up an appetite.

For early dinner, everyone will dress up a little for company and have a nice first round of feasting, trying a little bit of everything and deciding what I like and don't like. After that, some family will peel off either to go home and get comfortable or off to another celebration. We send them off with the leftovers favoring the things I don't want and
change into something more comfortable and do the first round of dishes.

After that, the real eating begins. The kids and non-eaters have all found something else to do, and the next round is all favorites and the only conversation is about how good the food is, how full we are, and how we are still going to keep eating.

Then, put a game on and enjoy the food coma.

After that, we will take over the second round of dishes, which is when we start packing away the leftovers. I dutifully do my part of the job of eating anything where the amount left isn't worth packing away or there are just a few bites more than the preferred container will hold, but my wife gets first dibs.

After this we send the kids to brush teeth and go to bed, and then cuddle up, bellies out on the couch, giving comforting rubs, thankful for how good everything was and how nice it was to see everyone.

Both of us will still wake up in the middle of the night at different times, pulling a container out of the fridge and eating out of it over the sink.
2 years