Gaining

How can i get a jigglier hanging belly?

Anonymous Feedist:
I have been gaining off and on for a few years, and I want to gain more on my belly. I want to have a big soft jiggly belly that hangs pretty far down.

Are there any foods that help with getting a bigger flabbier belly?

There’s a lot of stuff in here about gaining in specific areas. Unfortunately there does not appear to be much evidence that you can control where you gain and don’t gain aside from the visceral vs subcutaneous fat gaining differences.

To summarise that subject:

Generally we store fat either around our organs, or under our skin. Gaining using larger amounts of simple sugars or using alcohol, or gaining whilst having raised cortisol levels result in more of a visceral gain. A visceral gain gives more of a “ball belly” look as the fat is under the abdominal wall and cant hang.
A subcutaneous gain will distribute fat under the skin and hence the skin can stretch to accommodate and sag. Where, on the body a subcutaneous gain occurs seems to be up to genetics and hormones. If you go down the path of a subcutaneous gain (heavy cream based methods seems to be the most successful methods used by FF feedee/gainer members) then you will end up with softer (and supposedly healthier) fat. However that fat might by more distributed to your bottom, hips, chest etc.

Finally for a good sag, over shooting by about 15%, a goal weight/size, holding the weight on for a while the losing the extra 15% will result in more of a soft sagging physique at least for a while (the younger you are the leas likely you are you maintain the look as the skin behaves differently due to collagen levels).

Obviously, you may be lucky and you are prone to have a belly dominant subcutaneous gain; in which case you will reach your aesthetic goals easily and quickly. Do be aware though that there are plenty of guys who find that they end up pear shaped when gaining.

Good luck and happy gaining.
2 years

Anonymous Feedist:
Thanks! Will give that a shot! Follow up question.it sound like the hang comes from losing 15%, does gaining and losing repeatedly do anything to increase the hang? Like does it increase each time?

I think it did in my case. I lost a little over 100 lbs for ankle surgery and when I regained the weight I ended up with a lower belly that was flabby whereas I didn't have it prior to the weight loss.
2 years

Anonymous Feedist:
Thanks! Will give that a shot! Follow up question.it sound like the hang comes from losing 15%, does gaining and losing repeatedly do anything to increase the hang? Like does it increase each time?

Ditzy:
I think it did in my case. I lost a little over 100 lbs for ankle surgery and when I regained the weight I ended up with a lower belly that was flabby whereas I didn't have it prior to the weight loss.

The wife yoyos quite a bit and she is definitely getting a lower and lower overhang with each cycle. Not even with big losses like ditzy, just 20lbs down 25up 20 down 25 up so a total 18month gain of 10lbs but a good inch extra at the bottom of the belly.
2 years

Can confirm. My wife yo-yo's and she's always flabbier with the regain. Not just the belly, but in the arms, back, all over. Her initial gain was more of that massive firm beer belly pregnant look. And now it's fluffy flabby with multiple rolls.
2 years

Bicepsual:
Can confirm. My wife yo-yo's and she's always flabbier with the regain. Not just the belly, but in the arms, back, all over. Her initial gain was more of that massive firm beer belly pregnant look. And now it's fluffy flabby with multiple rolls.

I can also confirm this. I went from 475 to 378 pounds before starting hormone replacement therapy and then went further down to 356 by March 2020. Since then, I've regained back up to 418 and am flabbier than I was at 475!

And I'm not just flabby in my belly. My upper arms are huge, I have more rolls, and oh my god the cellulite!
2 years

Anonymous Feedist:
I have been gaining off and on for a few years, and I want to gain more on my belly. I want to have a big soft jiggly belly that hangs pretty far down.

Are there any foods that help with getting a bigger flabbier belly?

I don't have any tips for spot-gaining. As others have said, genetics and hormones are the biggest factors for that.

There are a bunch of articles on here about heavy whipping cream, and its tendency to help people pack on flabby, subcutaneous fat. This has definitely been the case for me. I have gained exclusively with heavy whipping cream. My initial gain gave me a bunch of visceral fat due to the prednisone I was taking at the time. I had a big, round pot belly. I then lost a bunch of weight and also went off the prednisone. Since resuming the weight gain, the fat has piled on as the flabby, subcutaneous fat.

As for the belly hang, I think just gaining lots of subcutaneous fat will give you that nice belly hang, as long as a lot of the weight goes to your belly.
1 year