Gaining

Resuming weight gain

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your support! I have good news! I weighed myself this morning and came in at 221 pounds, for a 6-pound gain this week. Woohoo!

The 6-pound gain is interesting because I have not been able to drink as much heavy whipping cream as I used to during past gaining cycles. My job keeps me busy enough that I can't really drink it while I'm at work. Instead of drinking it 5 times per day, I've only been able to drink the heavy whipping cream about 3 times per day. Despite this, my gain this week is consistent with previous weeks when I drank the heavy whipping cream 5 times per day.

I'm going to experiment with this when I start the next gaining cycle. If I can consistently gain weight at the same rate, while drinking less heavy whipping cream, that will save me some money. I'm going to take a break this week, but will pick back up next week.

Happy gaining!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Hi Everyone,

My one-week break is over. I weighed myself this morning and, in an odd twist, I actually managed to gain three pounds during my break. I'm starting this cycle at 224 pounds.

During the final week of the previous cycle, I was surprised to see that I was gaining just as much weight when having three servings of heavy whipping cream, as I was when I was drinking five servings of heavy whipping cream. I have a suspicion about this that I want to test, so I'm going to experiment by drinking four servings of heavy whipping cream per day. I'll see how that works out over the entire gaining cycle and will keep you posted. For reference, I typically gained around 20 to 22 pounds during previous gaining cycles, while drinking five servings of heavy whipping cream.

I'm curious to see what the scale says next week. Happy gaining!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Weigh-in: Friday, 12/24/2021

Hi everyone! I'm out of town, visiting family for the holidays. It's going to be difficult to drink heavy whipping cream without attracting unwanted attention, but I'll try to sneak a drink here and there. It will be like this for the weekend, as well as next weekend.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 227 pounds, giving me a 4-pound gain this week. I'm using my sister's scale. For consistency, I'll weigh myself again when I get back home and post the updated weight.

Thanks to the weight-loss, I lost most of the visceral fat I gained while on prednisone. I'm looking forward to seeing how my body puts on weight without that prednisone in my system. Happy gaining!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

I'm kinda in the same boat. I gave gaining a try for the second time in life a few months ago. I started at about 150 and gained pretty quick to 185ish. But then plateaued and couldn't seem to get passed that weight. I'm normally pretty thin and don't eat much. So gaining was really hard. I ended up stopping for a few months and lost some. But then noticed I slowly started gaining back to 185ish. Where I am now. So I'm restarting gaining again and hoping that I won't hit a plateau at this point. I too have been on prednisone a lot in life cause I have crohns disease. Which also doesn't help with gaining. Although prednisone has caused me to gain at times in the past. But I'm not on it now. If you find any tips that works for you I'd love to hear them! Best of luck!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

primal23:
I'm kinda in the same boat. I gave gaining a try for the second time in life a few months ago. I started at about 150 and gained pretty quick to 185ish. But then plateaued and couldn't seem to get passed that weight. I'm normally pretty thin and don't eat much. So gaining was really hard. I ended up stopping for a few months and lost some. But then noticed I slowly started gaining back to 185ish. Where I am now. So I'm restarting gaining again and hoping that I won't hit a plateau at this point. I too have been on prednisone a lot in life cause I have crohns disease. Which also doesn't help with gaining. Although prednisone has caused me to gain at times in the past. But I'm not on it now. If you find any tips that works for you I'd love to hear them! Best of luck!

Aside from the heavy cream, weight gain cycling, and persistence, I don't know any other tips. Just take it one day at a time, gain when you can, and take a break when you can't. I'm hoping that, in the long run, this will result in weight gain that sticks. Best of luck to you as well.
2 years

Resuming weight gain

I'm back home and weighed myself on my own scale. I'm happy to report that Christmas was very good to me, and I now weigh 231 pounds!

I'm up 8 pounds this gaining cycle, and I'm up 16 pounds since deciding to resume gaining weight, woohoo! I'm back to drinking heavy whipping cream regularly, and will post my next weigh-in this Friday.

I'm still experimenting with drinking heavy whipping cream 4 times per day but, due to the Christmas interruption, I may need another gaining cycle to determine if it made a difference.

Have a great week everyone!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Weigh-in: Friday, December 31st, 2021.

I know it has not been a full week since my last weigh-in, but I wanted to get back on my schedule of reporting results on Friday morning.

I've been consistently drinking heavy whipping cream since Monday, but have made no progress since then. In fact, I lost a little weight, and am down to 230 pounds. This is a loss of one pound since this past Monday.

I'll do another weigh-in next week Friday and see if I can push the scale higher. Until then, have a Happy New Year, and happy gaining!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Weigh-in: Friday, January 7th, 2022.

I had a fantastic gain this week. I weighed myself this morning and am now at 236 pounds. That's a 6-pound gain from 230 pounds last week Friday.

I have one more weigh-in for this gaining cycle, and then I'm taking a 1-week break. Have a great weekend everyone!
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Final weigh-in for this cycle: Saturday, January 15th, 2022.

I know I'm a day late. I had a bit of leftover heavy whipping cream yesterday, and thought it would be best to drink the rest of it before my final weigh-in this morning. I now weigh 240 pounds, which is a gain of 17 pounds from my starting weight of 223 pounds this cycle. It's a smaller gain than I would have had by drinking heavy whipping cream 5 times per day, but I noticed that I felt completely comfortable this time.

During previous gaining cycles, it was common for me to experience gas and loose stool. I did not have that at all this time. I suspect that drinking the heavy whipping cream 5 times per day was just too much. I was moving too much matter through my intestines, and I think my intestines didn't have enough time to absorb it all. This is probably the cause of the light gastrointestinal discomfort. It may also be why I became intolerant to the heavy whipping cream for a while. I had to give up for a time because the heavy whipping cream made me feel nauseous.

Drinking heavy whipping cream 4 times per day seems to be my sweet spot. I had no trouble this time. I did not experience nausea. I'm going to stick with this regimen from now on.

The effectiveness of heavy whipping cream never ceases to amaze me. I resumed gaining weight near the end of November, 2021. I have only really been gaining for about a month and a half. In that short time, I've managed to grow from 215 pounds to 240 pounds. I'm already up 25 pounds since then. Absolutely incredible!

I am now taking a short break, and will start my next gaining cycle this coming Friday, January 21st, 2022. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
2 years

Resuming weight gain

Friday, January 21st, 2022.

My one-week break is over, and I start my new gaining cycle today. I must admit that it was tough taking the break. I love gaining weight quickly. It's absolutely addicting. My clothes felt noticeably tighter by the end of the cycle, which gave me such a thrill.

My starting weight is 238.8 pounds. I'll post my first weigh-in for this cycle next week Friday.
2 years
12345   loading