Lifestyle tips

Telling family

Hi, everyone. I'm only 125lbs, and I've been thinking about waiting to find a feeder.

However, most of my family is big, and my dad on more than one occasion in my life has told me that "at one time or another" most men in my family are big/fat for a period of time (if not their whole lives).

My dad is in his 70s, and he raised my brother and I by himself (since my mother passed away when I was 6). And I kind of want to confide in him that I do want to fatten up/gain weight. Has anyone else experienced telling their family to see how they reacted/to confide in them about it?

If so, did it feel therapeutic or scarring? Or something else? I wanna know because I plan to tell him this summer if I don't start gaining before then.
2 years

Telling family

Feederism is 100% a sexual fetish for me and is therefore something I don't discuss in any capacity with anyone except sexual partners.
2 years

Telling family

just gain... no convo neccesary
2 years

Telling family

I mean you're 34 years old, right? You know better than anyone else how he would react.

Maybe he'll appreciate your honesty or maybe he'll disprove of the idea but either way he's going to have to accept you gaining weight if that's your intention.
2 years

Telling family

How come you want to tell your dad? Like, how do you imagine life would be better or different if he knew?

I personally don't have any experience telling parents, but I've told peer family members with whom I'm close. I wouldn't say it's been therapeutic to share it with a family member specifically, but I've told a number of close friends (including this peer family member).

For me, it was never out of the blue. I didn't spring a confession on anyone. Rather, in friendships where the friend and I can more or less openly discuss sexuality, I've brought it up. The kinkier the person, the better its gone.

Truthfully, I think there was some benefit to sharing it with such friends, because I felt seen in a good way, you know? Like being able to discuss it with someone I actually know—and to be accepted—felt validating. It was nice to be able to talk about it with someone who knew *me*, rather than just knowing the fetish.

I'm not advocating to go tell all your friends or close peer family members. Rather, if talking about sexuality is already a part of the relationship, it might be a little therapeutic to share.

There's also the side benefit of getting the chance to practice talking about it and broaching the subject with others. I found that once I told close friends, it was easier to share with romantic partners.
2 years