Gaining

The fundamental law of feedism

If you're not going to gain as much as you want there's no point in gaining at all.

(Just spit-balling here--comments welcome)
2 years

Agreed if your getting fat get as big as you fell you want to
2 years

Disagree. I could gain a hundred pounds and still want to gain more but choose to maintain that level and a certain level of fitness because I value my mobility and my partner's flexibility more. I don't think that makes me less of a feedee
2 years

milkshakeandfries:
Disagree. I could gain a hundred pounds and still want to gain more but choose to maintain that level and a certain level of fitness because I value my mobility and my partner's flexibility more. I don't think that makes me less of a feedee

I would argue that even if you choose to STOP gaining at some point you've still gained what you want. Gaining what you want doesn't mean gaining without limit, it means gaining until you don't want to gain anymore. For whatever reason.
2 years

AskDrFeeder:
If you're not going to gain as much as you want there's no point in gaining at all.

hopeless fatty:
So… if I can’t fully commit, I shouldn’t do it at all? It’s so hard… I’ve had my eye on some 50” pants for a while now, but… I don’t think I can even take those first steps. 😔

There’s so much to consider:
- my faith (this is a totally selfish decision, but I seek to be selfless - this would make me less effective in my service to others)
- relationships (i don’t want to be alone, and i also want to be a good partner to a potential spouse and a good parent to any potential children - what if this led me to miss out on all of those things?)
- mobility (i like roller coasters and theme parks - i still want to be able to do that)

You just have to gain what you want, not MORE than you want.
2 years

milkshakeandfries:

AskDrFeeder:
I would argue that even if you choose to STOP gaining at some point you've still gained what you want. Gaining what you want doesn't mean gaining without limit, it means gaining until you don't want to gain anymore. For whatever reason.

Again I have to disagree. Say I want to be 500 pounds; that's my goal weight. But for any reason I have to stop gaining, maybe significantly before then, 350, for instance.

What you're saying here is I shouldn't bother gaining to 350 if I'm not going to go all in and gain to 500.

Why do you ask for people's opinions if you're just going to tell them that they're wrong when they disagree?
2 years

milkshakeandfries:

AskDrFeeder:

milkshakeandfries:
Again I have to disagree. Say I want to be 500 pounds; that's my goal weight. But for any reason I have to stop gaining, maybe significantly before then, 350, for instance.

What you're saying here is I shouldn't bother gaining to 350 if I'm not going to go all in and gain to 500.

Why do you ask for people's opinions if you're just going to tell them that they're wrong when they disagree?

I said people should gain what they want, not that they can't change what they want.
2 years

AskDrFeeder:

hopeless fatty:
So… if I can’t fully commit, I shouldn’t do it at all? It’s so hard… I’ve had my eye on some 50” pants for a while now, but… I don’t think I can even take those first steps. 😔

There’s so much to consider:
- my faith (this is a totally selfish decision, but I seek to be selfless - this would make me less effective in my service to others)
- relationships (i don’t want to be alone, and i also want to be a good partner to a potential spouse and a good parent to any potential children - what if this led me to miss out on all of those things?)
- mobility (i like roller coasters and theme parks - i still want to be able to do that)

What I'm saying is that when you weigh all those other factors in (as you should) maybe you DON'T want to gain at all.
2 years

How about a second law:

- Don*t just talk about it, do it!

- Or perhaps, You*ll never know unless you try.
2 years